kaybeekid is offline Junior Member

To Hell With My Metabolism!!!

I try soooo hard to eat and eat and eat. The problem is that my metabolism is so fast that if i dont keep myself full for basically the whole day i dont gain ANYTHING! so because i have to do this, i end up puking maybe 1-2 times a week. just to give you an example of how fast i can metabolise food... i was 145 2 days ago when i was doing as i said before (eating like an animal) and in those 2 days my brother's car broke down so i had to stay at his place and bring him to work, consequently there was little to no food at his house and i had zero cash... so therefore i went from 145 on saturday (july 12 in the afternoon) to 136 on monday (july 14 in the morning!) its amazing... i have friends that are my age and younger than me (i'm 21) that can go eating just one or two things a day and they complain CONSTANTLY about gaining weight! i need something to help me, i guess i may have to wait until my metabolism slows down, eat like an animal for the remaining period, orrrrr.... find a way to use my metabolism positivly (which i doubt is possible)... any help would be appreciated! thanx bros

yankees42885 is offline New Member
    well the good thing is that u can eat anything u want and not gain fat at all... some people dont have that priveledge.. butwith every priveledge comes a disadvantage and gaining weight is urs.. U r obviously a hardgainer and u must try to eat as much as u can everyday.. i would reccommend that u take weightgainer.. it has tons of calories and might do the trick.. try that and if that doesnt work lettme kno... also u could raise ur carb intake alot.. try shooting for 500-700 grams of carbs and load up on 200 g of protein.. also dont worry bout fat cuz u wontr gain any at this point...
    good luck

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I think the trick is to eat things that are packed with calories.

Instead of eating fishing and chicken for your protein sources, start eating eggs and red meat.

Instead of having juice or something with your meals, drink whole milk with all your meals.

Start havin some natural PB with all your meals.

Instead of white rice, eat brown rice.
    Instead of white bread, eat whole bread.
    I.E Eat whole food

And of course eat 6 meals and all that stuff.

Anyways, hope that helps.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    I think the trick is to eat things that are packed with calories.

Instead of eating fishing and chicken for your protein sources, start eating eggs and red meat.

Instead of having juice or something with your meals, drink whole milk with all your meals.

Start havin some natural PB with all your meals.

Instead of white rice, eat brown rice.
    Instead of white bread, eat whole bread.
    I.E Eat whole food

And of course eat 6 meals and all that stuff.

Anyways, hope that helps.
    sab has some great pointers here. I would try the calorie dense foods and shoot for 6 good real food meals a day and on top of that eat a natty pb sandwhich in between each meal and try to drink 1/2 to 1 gallon of milk a day. Also right before bed have yourself a nice pb sandwhich with a tall glass of cold milk. If none of these tricks help you gain weight........ than you have a tape worm.

davidthebeast is offline New Member

Hyperthyroidism?

Don't mean to frighten you, but maybe you have hyperthyroidism?

Check out:

http://www.endocrineweb.com/hyper1.html

Personally I think I may have hypothyroidism caused by lower T3 levels from taking ECA and clen for the last 3 months (alternating every 2 weeks.) I've been crashing pretty hard the last 2 weeks. I sleep like 10 hours and am still tired, have sore muscles a lot, and have lower energy levels. It's bugging me enough that I'm going to go get blood work done with my doctor (and I hate getting my blood drawn).

Just a thought. Never hurts to go see your doctor and get checked out.

fyerstarter is offline New Member
    One mistake I see a lot of hardgainers making is they assume they can eat anything and not get fat (which is true) but then they end up eating anything and not gaining muscle either. because they waste too many of their daily calories on junkfood and don't have the appetite left to consume the quality foods needed for building muscle.

My roomate is like that, he cannot commit to eating good whole foods exclusively so he tried to eat junk on top of it to make everything taste better. What happens is he ends up getting full off the junk and not having enough room for an adequate amount of protein and carbs, resulting in skipped meals, low energy levels, and diminished returns in the gym.

Thread Information