• 3 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By German89
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By Too-$mall
  • 1 Post By Too-$mall
  • 2 Post By Family_guy
  • 1 Post By Family_guy
  • 1 Post By Too-$mall

Thread: My Fitness Pal? i'm using it and successfully loosing weight again.

Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries

My Fitness Pal? i'm using it and successfully loosing weight again.

Dieting has always been a struggle for me. would it be right for me to ask about some of the negative feedback for my fitness pal if i really like it and it's working for me? i'm the type that does not prefer ignorant bliss. i'd rather know. even if it runs counter to how i feel.

so here i go promoting the thing because it's got me excited.

wow, i'm doing it all over again. i've failed so many times, been too lazy soo many times, gotten tired of eating the same old crap so many times. My Fitness pal lets me eat whatever i want and i can enter recipes. i hit my macros and calories every day! ERERY DAY. the best part is i can eat whatever want. and MFP calculates everything for me. i know some of the food choices aren't accurate, but with something like this variation is inevitable. it's ok. i'm not out to make a career out of this.

Meal preps, food look up, etc. takes a lot less time than manually calculating a diet. eating this way also forces you to eat more vegetables because if you're eating crap you tend to have to drink water the rest of the day, or your macros get thrown off and you're limited to (1) the rest of the day. I'm thinking this might be totally sustainable. after all the problem i always had was eating right on the fly/tracking eating when i didn't prep, and getting board with choices, becuase meals that weren't simple macros were a pain in the ass.

today for breakfast i ate (2) servings of homemade ceviche, (1) tostada, (2) tables spoons of crema, and (1) cup of quinoa and it's all tracked. it took me less than (5) minutes to calculate the calories and macros i consumed because i have this stuff on a saved list within MFP. a few days ago i ate a McDonald sausage egg mcmuffin! I CAN EAT ANYTHING. one thing i noticed though is saturated fat and overdoing it on cholesterol. seems like i can eat a little bit of unhealthy food and stay within my macros and calories, but the cholesterol, or saturated fats go well beyond what i should be consuming. and i had NO idea spinach, cilantro, and basil contained so many damn vitamins. one shake with all (3) and i meet my daily mark for vitamins listed on MFP.

are there other better apps? who likes this app?

I got a little baby food scale. now i want a huge one which i can proudly display in my kitchen.
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 11-03-2018 at 10:14 AM.
    Obs likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Love the app!

I need to utilize it more as it is a great tool!

I have been using the Strong App for logging my workouts, it’s awesome!

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I downloaded it two days ago. Very nice app.
    Cant believe the instant food lookup

Obs
    Lmao look at this

Attachment 174757

Check out the serving size!
    I scanned the barcode

Old Duffer is offline Senior Member
    Been running it for years. It's not perfect but helps me a ton

German89 is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Lmao look at this

Attachment 174757

I scanned the barcode
    Rotflmfaooo!!!! Ahahahahh. Youre funny as fuck!

Ive used a scale and myfitnesspal since i was 24. So, fpor a good 5 years, minus when i was pregnant and nursing.
    Obs and Too-$mall like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by German89 View Post
    Rotflmfaooo!!!! Ahahahahh. Youre funny as fuck!

Ive used a scale and myfitnesspal since i was 24. So, fpor a good 5 years, minus when i was pregnant and nursing.
    I am fixing to eat fast food and load up after last nights draining.
    Yeeehaw!
    Will post the calories!

Thats a lotta years to run any app! Wish I had known about it then
    Too-$mall likes this.

Blog Entries
    how does the strong app help?

did ya'll know there are steroid cycling apps. i found a few, however. there seem to be some legitimate complaints from real and knowledgeable steroid users. the steroid community is so small it might take forever to get a good juice app.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I like the app a lot. Just need to be more committed to it. I have my diet set in place and pretty much each the same thing Mon-Thu so I don't log every day like I should.

Blog Entries
    i need variety, so it allows me to wild out. a bit here and there. i'm somewhat of a foodie. my wife is too, so a really strict diet is very difficult for me. one ofthe meals i saw phil heath eat was something like white rice, cilantro, tilapia, lettuce and lemon juice. i want to try that soon. anyone a fan of ceviche? i made some chilean bass, halibut, shrimp ceviche last night and gosh dang. shoot. ceviche allows me to suck down fish. not a fan of fish outside of soups, tuna, sushi and ceviche. cant do it. cant do a fillet of salmon as a main. YUCK. I'll eat those suckers raw all day though. oysters too if they are around. YUM. ol' wifey is cookin up some hamberger steak tonight. i get (2) servings. been drinking a crap ton water too. think i'm at around 48 oz. how much is the daily rec?
    Obs and Family_guy like this.

Obs
    I dont know what ceviche is...

I am not a fan of fish either unless it is seered tuna steak or sushi.

Doesnt mean I dont forcefeed itvthough lol

Blog Entries
    shoot son!

cost is about $50 i think. feeds about 12 people. serving size is one ladle scoop

1/2lb sushi quality, or decent grocery store quality halibut somewhat thin slices
    1/2lb sushi quality, or decent grocery store quality chilean sea bass somewhat thin slices
    1/4lb cooked de-veined shrimp chopped up
    1 lrg avocado and 1 average avocado chunky
    1 medium onion sliced thin
    1/2 a cucumber sliced thin too.
    1 red bell pepper chunky
    1 large tomato, chunky
    1 bushel of cilantro all sliced up
    2 cups of lime juice w/ pulp
    1 cup lemon juice w/ pulp
    1 cup orange juice w/ pulp

1 bag of Mexican tostadas.

once mixed in a big bowl. cover it and put it in the fridge to chill and cure for 2hr minimum. The acid will cure/cook the seafood. you can also store it overnight. some people don't allow the acid to further cook the fish, but i don't mind at all. i love the acidic flavor, so i don't drain it. i'm told it goes great with beer. i believe it. this recipe above is bomb. it's just the right amount of fishy. not in your face, but not totally removed. less fishy than a salmon filet. really any saltwater thing works. if you can do crab, but not fish then so be it. fresh water fish, or fatty fish like tuna and other fatty types aren't a good fit either. white saltwater fish, or crab.

you put some on the tostada with a spoon and eat it, or eat it all by itself.
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 11-03-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Lmao look at this

Attachment 174757

I scanned the barcode
    That’s too funny!!! I never thought to add in my smokes to my diet!!
    Obs and Too-$mall like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Too-$mall View Post
    i need variety, so it allows me to wild out. a bit here and there. i'm somewhat of a foodie. my wife is too, so a really strict diet is very difficult for me. one ofthe meals i saw phil heath eat was something like white rice, cilantro, tilapia, lettuce and lemon juice. i want to try that soon. anyone a fan of ceviche? i made some chilean bass, halibut, shrimp ceviche last night and gosh dang. shoot. ceviche allows me to suck down fish. not a fan of fish outside of soups, tuna, sushi and ceviche. cant do it. cant do a fillet of salmon as a main. YUCK. I'll eat those suckers raw all day though. oysters too if they are around. YUM. ol' wifey is cookin up some hamberger steak tonight. i get (2) servings. been drinking a crap ton water too. think i'm at around 48 oz. how much is the daily rec?
    Yes!!!! I love ceviche. I’m not a fish person at all either and I’d never even heard of ceviche before I met my wife. She makes the best ceviche and I do the same thing, I just demolish a huge bowl of it with tostadas and hot sauce!!
    Too-$mall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Too-$mall View Post
    shoot son!

cost is about $50 i think. feeds about 12 people. serving size is one ladle scoop

1/2lb sushi quality, or decent grocery store quality halibut somewhat thin slices
    1/2lb sushi quality, or decent grocery store quality chilean sea bass somewhat thin slices
    1/4lb cooked de-veined shrimp chopped up
    1 lrg avocado and 1 average avocado chunky
    1 medium onion sliced thin
    1/2 a cucumber sliced thin too.
    1 red bell pepper chunky
    1 large tomato, chunky
    1 bushel of cilantro all sliced up
    2 cups of lime juice w/ pulp
    1 cup lemon juice w/ pulp
    1 cup orange juice w/ pulp

1 bag of Mexican tostadas.

once mixed in a big bowl. cover it and put it in the fridge to chill and cure for 2hr minimum. The acid will cure/cook the seafood. you can also store it overnight. some people don't allow the acid to further cook the fish, but i don't mind at all. i love the acidic flavor, so i don't drain it. i'm told it goes great with beer. i believe it. this recipe above is bomb. it's just the right amount of fishy. not in your face, but not totally removed. less fishy than a salmon filet. really any saltwater thing works. if you can do crab, but not fish then so be it. fresh water fish, or fatty fish like tuna and other fatty types aren't a good fit either. white saltwater fish, or crab.

you put some on the tostada with a spoon and eat it, or eat it all by itself.
    My wife makes it with crab instead of the fish

Blog Entries
    oh yea, that's how it's done in most houses.

down to 189! from 203. just did a re-calculation. i'm at 14.9%BF. was screwing around for about 2 months not using the app. the app took me from stagnation to dropping 1-2 lb per week and i can still eat practically whatever i want.

I've been wanting me some more ceviche though. might go out and do the whole shopping list all over again.
    Obs likes this.

Thread Information