mjrulz67 is offline Junior Member

late night snacks

i know i know its a sin when your dieting to eat during the middle of the night, but sometimes you wake up and are starving. Does anybody have a secret late night snack that fills that craving and doesnt reck your diet. i personly like those low calorie fruit popsicles. but im looking for something else anysuggestions would be great

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    a chicken breast, a protein shake, s few egg whites, some tuna, ummmmm..... what else??? Some turkey breast. That's about it for now. There's a shyte load more I just can't thing of right now.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    a chicken breast, a protein shake, s few egg whites, some tuna, ummmmm..... what else??? Some turkey breast. That's about it for now. There's a shyte load more I just can't thing of right now.
    BIG T has a lot of good suggestions for you. You eating in the middle of the night is NO WAY going to reck your diet it will help it. Think about it 6 to 8 hours without food....

I get up around 2:30 or so to eat something everynight.

Leech is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    BIG T has a lot of good suggestions for you. You eating in the middle of the night is NO WAY going to reck your diet it will help it. Think about it 6 to 8 hours without food....

I get up around 2:30 or so to eat something everynight.
    I'll be honest I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to eating good, I mean I know you need alot of protein and carbs help you metabolize them (at least i think), so if you have any websites that are good to read up on let me know, but my question is what makes the stuff Big T listed ok and say a sandwich not ok? Starch?

What I posted has 0 carbs or very little if any. Any late night snacks you don't want any carbs. I'd stick with some type of protein like what I listed.

Archangel230 is offline Junior Member
    How about including a midnight protein shake (easily digestible and quick to make so you can go right back to sleep). I do this regardless of whether I'm dieting or bulking. It won't reck your diet and may actually aid you in improving body composition. A light protein shake requires very little preparation and should not really sit in your stomach (uncomfortable fullness feeling) which is helpful when trying to get a good night's sleep.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    A BIG glass of water and some sleeping pills. I really dont see how pros get any sleep cause there up every 2-3 hrs at night eating some type of fish or turkey. When I was bulking I just made sure I'd eat heavy before I went to bed. Cutting I always drink a shake and 2 tbsp of P.B. i make sure I take my ZMA 15-20 min. before that though.

nmk85roll is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't suggest a protein shake. That protein is pretty fast acting. Best think I have found is caesin protein, such as in cottage cheese. If you get DRY CURD cottage cheese, there is only 1g of carb per half a cup and 20g of protein. Good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel230
    How about including a midnight protein shake (easily digestible and quick to make so you can go right back to sleep). I do this regardless of whether I'm dieting or bulking. It won't reck your diet and may actually aid you in improving body composition. A light protein shake requires very little preparation and should not really sit in your stomach (uncomfortable fullness feeling) which is helpful when trying to get a good night's sleep.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Its so weird to read posts from the people trying to bulk up and then from those trying to cut up or lose weight. Difference in opinion is kinda funny.
    I see people saying their diet is VERY CLEAN and all that. FUCK THAT. I eat ANYTHING and everything I see. If I am hungry and it is there. It is going inside my tummy. Pizza, fries, cheeseburger. Cant gain weight if I am too worried about how much fat it has or if that carb to protein ration is correct. SCREW THAT.

Well we all do what works for use. I guess if you can cut down to 4-6% BF eating pizza and fries you are GOD. Do you have a bulk and a cut down season bermich? I know I dont worry much about food when im bulking im like you pizza/beer/and lard 8)

Nope. My entire life is a bulk session. Cost a lot of money to keep my weight up. I can get cut real quick. Its gaining that weight that frustrates me.
    One thing about the late night snack thing though that has nothing to do with weight is the opinion that it does not sit well in your digestive system while you sleep. Sure it turns to fat more easily while you sleep but its not good to have food in your stomache while your body is sleeping. IMO

Peanutlw69 is offline New Member
    When eating late night, science diffentley comes into play, since carbs are the last to be digetsed, so it's really not recomned to eat any form of carb then going back to sleep, since it will be converted right to fat.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    I always opt for some type of whole food (ie. chicken breast, tuna, cottage cheese) before i go to bed....and then take a shaker with 2 scoops of protien to bed with me, then when i get up to go to the pisser at 3 in the morning i throw some water into the shaker and slam the protien before i go back to bed...that will keep you building muscle all night long when it really matters.

As long as you dont go to bed all bloated. You actually burn carbs while you sleep. 50-60 grams I believe.

Eww. You mix water in with your protien powder crap?? Sounds nasty.

Archangel230 is offline Junior Member
    Adding Casein to whey is great for slowing down digestion if your concerned about the speed at which it's absorbed and utilized. For cutting avoiding the lactose intake (if milk is used) can be beneficial. Is there any proof that whey will just be used for energy when caloric expenditure is significantly lower than other periods of the day and digestion rate has slowed considerably? I suppose it is just a matter of personal preference.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Eww. You mix water in with your protien powder crap?? Sounds nasty.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Twix, Snicker, Milky Way, Kit-Kat, Almond Joy, Reeces, Haagen Daes,

Quote Originally Posted by Rich8888
    You know how long it's been since I've eaten anything remotly similiar to any of those.............I hate you.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich8888
    I wish I could eat those

I get up every night because my stomach hurts because I'm hungry. I always have something easy. Usually a protein shake w/ water and 1 tablespoon full of peanut butter. Gets me through the rest of the night.

Thread Information