ColdSore is offline Banned

Timeing for Fat intake

I am bulking right now and ive been consuming most of my fat from Natty PB, Beef, Chicken, and tuna. I always have some Natty PB with my oatmeal for breakfast, and 2 more tablespoons before bed with a shake(post workout meal #2).

My questions is...should i cut out the PB in my 1st meal? or is it ok there?

next...should i add 1 more tablespoon at 3am when i drink another shake to slow absorbsion, or leave it out?

I guess im just wanting to know when you guys eat stuff with high fat...

Yung Wun is offline Member
    if your carb sensitive drop the fat with the oatmeal, i never mix carbs+fat. only time i'll eat the efa's is with a protein meal. at 3am i'd leave it out.

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    if you consider chicken and tuna to be a fat source you need to re-evaluate your quality in the products you buy.

Tyson frozen chicken breast per 6oz is 170 calories, 41g protein, 0g carbs and 1g fat

Quote Originally Posted by GetPsycho
    if you consider chicken and tuna to be a fat source you need to re-evaluate your quality in the products you buy.

Tyson frozen chicken breast per 6oz is 170 calories, 41g protein, 0g carbs and 1g fat
    Im glad you answered the question i asked ....but....

Yes i consider them a source of fat...if i eat 6 cans of tuna a day then i get 15 grams of fat, theres even more fat in beef. No chicken is not as high but does have small amounts. Small amounts do add up if you keep track. The quality of my products is just fine and i dont need to re-evaluate my diet, those are just the only foods that i eat with any significant amount of fat in them. Natty PB is where i get the most, then maybe some flax, or olive oil late in the day if my calculations fall short for the day.

wheres Big T, or swole cat when you need em???

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well meal #1, like Yung Wun said.... are you carb sensitive. I love pb in my oats but I can't mix fats and carbs, so I skip the pb for another meal. Your 3am shake, I'd leave it out. Try posting what your daily diet looks like now and I'll take a go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Well meal #1, like Yung Wun said.... are you carb sensitive. I love pb in my oats but I can't mix fats and carbs, so I skip the pb for another meal. Your 3am shake, I'd leave it out. Try posting what your daily diet looks like now and I'll take a go at it.
    Here ya go Big T...

8:30 am (first wake up)\
    1 scoop whey

9:30 am
    10 egg whites 2 whole eggs
    1 cup oatmeal
    2 tablespoons of natty PB

12:00 pm
    2 cans tuna or 2 chicken breasts
    1/2 pound of carrots (or any other veggie's)

2:00 pm
    2 cans of tuna
    some form of greens

4:00 pm
    1 can of tuna
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup brown rice

6:00 pm
    2 cans of tuna or 2 chicken breasts
    1 cup brown rice

7:30 (pre workout)
    1 scoop of whey

8-9:30 or 10 at the gym

10:00 pm
    2 scoops whey
    75g Dextrose

11:00 pm
    1 chicken breast
    2 cups cottage cheese
    1/2 cup brown rice and 1 yam
    or 1 cup brown rice and 1/2 yam
    1 cup brocoli

2:00 am (just added the next 2 meals...give me your thoughts)
    1 scoop whey

5:00 am
    1 scoop whey

I started to split my shake that i drink into to sperate times...ive been up pissing so much that it doesnt bother me...or do you think i should just have 2 scoops at 3 am?

Im pretty sure my diet is on...i just need to know where to put more fats in...and i know Big T will have some sort of suggestion on meals and timeing...give it your best shot.

You're bulking right? in that case.... looks good.

12pm- ditch the carrots and choose another veggie and if you feel you need more fats this is a good meal to add them in.

As for the two shakes, I'd stick to just having one at 2am. you can add fats in any of the meals from 4pm and earlier, just if you do ditch the carbs from those meals and mix them in somewhere else. With you eating this much, how's it going so far.... one stuffed bastard I presume.

Ok ,just got your pm about wanting to try and lean up. Well gradually start cutting carbs back. Here's what it should look like after you've cut back some. Also how many weeks you got left? Because you'll want to up them at the end all the way through pct.

12pm- ditch carrots, shoose another green veggie
    2pm - add some fats to this meal
    4pm - looks good
    6pm - I'd cut carbs back to 1/2 cup
    11pm - keep protein high, 2 chicken breast, and keep it to 1 cup of rice and that's it. Well if you still feel flat up it to 1 1/2 cups but I don't really see you needing to do that.

Keep your protein shake at 2am and as long as your body doesn't store it as fat you can use the pb. Just be carefull if you are wanting to lean up cause it most likely will get stored as fat.

You're bulking right? in that case.... looks good.

12pm- ditch the carrots and choose another veggie and if you feel you need more fats this is a good meal to add them in.

As for the two shakes, I'd stick to just having one at 2am. you can add fats in any of the meals from 4pm and earlier, just if you do ditch the carbs from those meals and mix them in somewhere else. With you eating this much, how's it going so far.... one stuffed bastard I presume.
    Hell yeah im stuffed...i used to be fat and loved to eat, then when i lost all of the weight i hated not eating, now i watch the clock and dread every meal. Its going good so far... i started my cycle at about 188-189 pounds and last night i tipped the scale at 211 so ive gaind about 22 pounds...fat is up some but not to much... the funny part is my body has become more defined, but i gained some lower back fat and small love handles ...but oh well...thats why they call it bulking...thats just part of the game you have to live with.

Thanks for the advice...of and why ditch the carrots? i thought about this but i didnt think the GI level was too high...maybe im wrong?

It's not that the GI level is high or not, but carrots are loaded with carbs compared to other veggies and it converts to mostly sugar. It's not bad to eat from time to time, but if you read the label there's alot of sugar in carrots.

It's not that the GI level is high or not, but carrots are loaded with carbs compared to other veggies and it converts to mostly sugar. It's not bad to eat from time to time, but if you read the label there's alot of sugar in carrots.
    Got cha' ....i learn something new everyday...a salad (lettuce, tomatoe, oninon)...minus the carrots would be ok here, or even some brocolii right?

Yup... the 2 main veggies you want to avoid is just carrots and peas. Any other green leafy veggie is good to go.

Thread Information