Thread: Eating Clean?

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

Eating Clean?

Are protein shakes and protein bars considered clean?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Define "clean" and you will have your answer.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Without the definition, I'd say shakes...Yes for sure, bars...it depends, most of the protein bars out there use gelatin as their main source of protein. It is inferior to whey, casein, eggs...etc...
    But it's still protein, just be careful eating too many bars with the ingredient(s) partially hydrogenated palm kernel/soybean/any kind of oil. That stuff goes straight to the abs.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    clean as in chicken breast, tuna, fruit, veggies, non-processed foods basically. What do you guys consider clean?

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    CLEAN. Oh shit. I thought all this talk about clean food was just rinse it off in the sink like you do with lettuce and potatoes. Hm.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    like Sab. said: define clean?? Clean in regards to what goals??? what is the product your comparing to?? how much of this are you consuming??

pots are very clean complex carb source but 20 of them in one sitting would not be a "clean" meal.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Everyone knows that clean means low fat.carbs accordingly..low sugar,non greasy ...calorie smart...with proper timing. Bars can have hidden ingrdients and also many are high in sugars and/or alcohol sugars...some are VERY high in carbs. They can save you in a pinch but they are not for daily consumption. Shakes are great, Whey/Casien shakes more specifically.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    I dont think its bad to opt for a bar in some circumstances...most of them do have a high amount of sugar, and oils, with a low content of protien...personally i only eat em if im traveling home and on the road, or i keep them at work and if i know im going to miss a meal by more than 30mins ill eat one...but thats about it...besides their overpriced for the quality you get.

If your gonna eat one, eat the Nitro tech bars, or Meso tech if you want more carbs.

Thread Information