Thread: My Dilemma..

slick1921 is offline Junior Member

My Dilemma..

Heres my concern.. I have an extremely hard time gaining weight. So once i start my bulking diet which is around 5000 calories a day and say i gain some extra weight and a decent amount of muscel. Then when i stop eating 5000 cals and lower it to around 2000-3000 wont i start loosing muscel mass? I use to way 150lbs and i went down to 130lbs in a few days.. Any comments would help.

Thanks

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well when you put on weight you have to eat more than you did before to maintain that weight. Ok say you were 130 lbs and coul eat 2400 cas and maintain. Well you up cals to 5000 and get up to 150. Now you'll need to eat more than the 2400 cals to maintain. As you gain weight you have to also up your maintanence cals to keep the new gains.

slick1921 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Well when you put on weight you have to eat more than you did before to maintain that weight. Ok say you were 130 lbs and coul eat 2400 cas and maintain. Well you up cals to 5000 and get up to 150. Now you'll need to eat more than the 2400 cals to maintain. As you gain weight you have to also up your maintanence cals to keep the new gains.
    thank you

Thread Information