Thread: The Zone diet

The Zone diet

Has anyone tried this with any success? I was going to try swole cats diet, but I cannot afford, I thought I could, but just can't right now. So I am going to give the zone diet a shot.

I am at 14% bodyfat now and want to get to 9 or 10%. Is this possible with a diet like the zone?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Zone diet is 40% carbs/40% protein/ 20%fat?

Is that right?

In my opinion, there are much better diets out there. I'm not trying to be a dick, but there's been hundreds posted in the diet forum. The hint you should get at why it works is that its taking the normal person regular 70% carb intake and restricting it to 40%. So thats a clue about what you should look for in diets.

I'm not going to say what works and what doesn't, because different stuff works for everyone and the the only way you will find out is by trying them.

The zone is a 30/40/30

hybrid is offline Member
    The key to any diet is perseverance. I'm sure that Swolecat's program is really good and I would love to try it sometime (to get a feel for what the pros go through), but I'm also sure that a big part of Swolecat's success is the motivational part of it. You spend the money, make the commitment. Basically you are buying into the legitimacy of the program before you start. This helps you maintain the discipline that it takes to make any diet work. And the email support adds to this when you need a kick in the pants.

If you want a diet that works, it's all in your head. You don't necessarily need outside motivation if you can provide it yourself. Diet and do cardio with the same dedication that you push iron with and the fat will go.
    And again, no disrespect to Swolecat or his program. His program gets kudos from everyone.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for correcting me vib, i wasn't too sure on the ratios.

I agree with alot of what hybrid said, and i think to only get to around 9%BF is really just perseverance. But if you really ever want to get lower then that or find the easiest way to get there, then you are going to have to experiment with different diets.

Thread Information