Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

Staying Focused?

How in the hell do you all stay focued and maintain yourself during a diet? Man I can do good for a two weeks maybe three, but then all of a sudden something happens to where I have to go out to eat with family, birthday, there is always something that invovles eating. How do you all stay focused. Something else that always kills me, is when I am dieting i will tell my gran or mom that I'm on a diet and that I can't eat that, (hamburger etc,) they always tell me I don't need to lose weight. That kills me too!!! Can you guys help me?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Look bro, I have tried to diet that many times that it would be stupid for me to try and diet again, coz everytime I tried to eat right I would stuff up somehow. I think its just about how much passion you have for your sport. If you really want to do well at training and are really modivated, then that should help you get through dieting heaps. I am dieting at the moment, its been 8 weeks, and I havent stuffed up once. Hopefully it will stay that way too hehe. The way I have learnt to diet is; not to start dieting straight away. The sudden change of food intake for your body gives your body like a shock, and thats what makes you want to eat the foods that you shouldn't eat. So what I did was; I slowly got of all the foods I shouldnt be eating, it took me weeks. But by the time I did it for a few weeks, I realised that I wasnt eating as much junk food as I used to, and now that I have slowly got my body used to that, I dont really get that craveing as much as I used to. I was nearly ready to start dieting properly. Few more weeks later I was ready and wasnt really eating the unnesesery foods at all. So i thought ok this is a great time to start dieting. And now its been 8 weeks and I havent stuffed up once. I still get craveings, but i can control myself. The craveings I get now are no way as bad as the craveings I used to get when I tried to diet straight away instead of comeing of the unnesesery foods slowly. Just keep on trying and it will happen. Remember bro, it is your body, and you are responcible for all of you actions. So that means that you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want. That is a big advantage a human body has when it comes to dieting. Now its all about fighting the craveing, and there is a way to beat it. Good lukc bro

P.S Remeber the problem with dieting isn't; when to eat, how to eat, how much to eat, what to eat etc. That is something you can learn how to do in 1 day. The problem with dieting is "KILLING THE CRAVEING"

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks man. That sounds like it could really work. Just easssy letting myself back away from the foods that I do want to eat.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Np bro . let us know how you go

Thread Information