jurewix is offline Junior Member

Arrow whats your pre-workout meal?

I was just wondering what every one's pre-workout meal is , and how long do you eat your meal before your workout, my pre workout meal is an apple and a 30 g protein shake. I was wondering if i should be eating something more that. or if that is good, i usually eat that 1 hour before my workout. Should i be eating more.

5'11", 205 lbs

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Whether I'm cutting or bulking I never eat anything less than 45 mins before I train. My workouts tend to suffer when I have food in my stomach. While cutting I only have carbs PWO and PPWO. When bulking, everthing is fair game

~US~

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well if dieting my preworkout meal is about 90 minutes before and consists of 1/2 cup rice, 2 chicken breast. If bulking than it's still 90 minutes before but consists of 1 cup rice and 2 chicken breasts. I do have a 25gram protein shake 10-20 minutes before my workouts though.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    Cottage cheese diet or bulkin

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jurewix
    I was just wondering what every one's pre-workout meal is , and how long do you eat your meal before your workout, my pre workout meal is an apple and a 30 g protein shake. I was wondering if i should be eating something more that. or if that is good, i usually eat that 1 hour before my workout. Should i be eating more.

5'11", 205 lbs
    I eat either 2 cans of tuna, or 2 chicken breasts, and 1 cup of brown rice, about 1.5 hours before workout. Then a pro shake on the drive to the gym.

Oh and jurewix...loose the apple in your pre workout meal..it has simple sugars and causes and insulin surge which inhibits muscle growth.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    While cutting I eat 1/2 cup of oatmeal or 1 yam and 2 to 3 peices of turkey or chicken and hour before I hit the gym. Bulking 1 to 1 & 1/4 cups oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter and 3 peices of chicken or turkey abouth 1.5 hours before I get to the gym.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    My meal consists of 10 dbol .

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    My meal consists of 10 dbol .
    LMAO!

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I work out after my first meal of the day. It consists of 8 eggs, 22g whey, 2-3g creatine, ~10-15g dextrose. If i'm in a rush, then i will work out about 30min after my first meal and cut 1-2 eggs out, if not, then i usually wait 45-60 min.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    i workout after my first meal and since im cutting it contains no to miniscule carbs from lettuce or broccoli. 2 chx breasts, a steak, 2 cans tuna..al mixed withsome healthy fats. macro profile is

50-60pro
    10-15fat
    5ish carbs

i try toforce my body to burn fat while my workout is taking place, since i do cardio right after my lft session 3-4X wk

then postworkout an post-post is wen i eat my low fat high carb high pro meals for the day , then its back to no carbs , only fat and pro the rest of the day.

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    pre-workout (currently maintaining @ 8% w\ 2800 clean calories) - 90 minutes before workout
    1/2 cup brown rice
    6 oz's chicken breast

i do not like EFA's before working out. thats just me though

jurewix is offline Junior Member
    Hey coldstone, should i eliminate all simple sugars before my workout , or should i just eliminate the simple sugars before my preworkout meal, im guessing gatorade is a simple sugar also because i have been drinkin 8 oz before my wokrout. hows 2 packets of oatmeal , and a 30-40 g shake?

Kid Shred is offline Member
    Dietin' I'll have 3 cups of oatmeal with water and some cinnamon(gotta have it) , Off season I'll have two Big'N'Tasty and an apple Pie since Mickey D's is right next to the gym I work at.

fyerstarter is offline New Member
    Big-ass bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder mixed in (not just whey but blend)

Thread Information