ross3814 is offline Member

If you have to sacrifice one...

If have a major dillema. I just went back to school and I transfered to a school about 20 mins away (im a commuter). I have a full load and it will be impossible for me to eat 4000 calories a day. I was told that as long as I get a gram of protein per pound ill be all set. I was thinking of cutting the 4000 cal diet anyways because it just goes to my stomach. I'm not talkin a little to my stomach, I mean a lot. While the rest of me stays skinny. I am changing my diet to 180 grams of protein a day. Eating every 2 hours. I was wondering if I can still grow if I just eat the protein.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    You should probably stick to high protein, hi carbohydrates. Carbs are used for emediate energy, so you're body won't have to attack your muscles for energy. And carbs don't get turned into fat.

If you don't have time, I suggest people drink Nepro. Way better than weight gain shakes, because it's not a bunch of empty calaries. It has a lot of protein in it, you don't have to mix anything. They come in small cans (comes in 8oz cans, over 400 cals. per can (I think close to 500 cals)).

BDTR is offline Retired
    Excess carbs are stored as fat.

You need all the basic macronutrients to grow - carbs, protien, fats. These are the building blocks of what your body needs to both train and grow and all play a role in hypertrophy. By omitting one, especially while bulking, you're completely short changing yourself in every way imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    And carbs don't get turned into fat.

It's been quite a few years since I went to medical school, but from I remember, carbohydrates don't get stored as fat in the human body (I could be wrong, though I really doubt it, it has been about 4 years since I was in school).

Eating well balanced meals when you have the time and supplimenting missed meals with something like Nepro, (which is designed to be a meal suppliment, with high protein, high carbs, water content, etc.) is not going to be detrimental to building muscle.

dutchboy is offline Associate Member
    unless something has changed, carbs that your body does not burn immediatly are stored for use at a later time.......as fat.

Once again, this is based on old schooling. My degree is in psych, so I don't need to remember most of the medical part of my schooling, but from what I remember, carbs are basically strains of a certain kind of sugar. Simple carbs have just a few sugar strands and complex carbs have hundreds of sugar strands. The sugar strands in carbs don't turn in glucose (which is what the body stores in the fat cells and derives from simple sugars), but it enters the circulatory system and gives energy to the body for emediate use (skelital muscles, resperation, circulation, etc.). I do know that carbs will cause the pancrease to produce insulin (which is why vegitarians tend to be at risk of diabeties) and any glucose that is in your system will then be stored. But the excess carbs, I don't know to be stored. I do remember that there are medical problems that can occur from having a diet too high in carbs, besides the pancrease being overworked, having the carbs in your system can cause problems with your heart, and I believe a couple of other organs. If the carbs were just stored, then there wouldn't be much of a problem with consuming high amounts of carbs, besides obesity.
    Once again, I could be wrong, though I doubt it. I did go to medical school as part of my training, but I don't practice medicine.

where can I buy nepro. how much?

I was drinking ensure but that shit has like 100 fat calories per serving.

You can check out the website, www.nepro.com or www.ross.com (lead to the same place). They give all of the data about the stuff. It's made for people with kidney failure and it's made so that they can live off of the stuff, that's why I like it so much. There as a decent amount of fat in it also, like 20 grams, but I don't remember the fat sourse. They have a phone number that you can call to order the stuff. I get mine from the local pharmacy. I drink 4 cans a day for an extra 1900 calaries.

Thread Information