bigreb is offline Associate Member

struggling to hit 4000

Hey bro's, I'm struggling to hit the 4000 cal mark everyday. I currently have been drinking about 3 myoplex deluxe shakes everyday(300 cal 42 prot 24 carb). Anyadvise on other shakes w/more cals/prot ect.

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

cals

4000 cals is a lot. WHat is your goal? Have some quesions though. Are you on a cycle at the moment? WHat are your stats? 4000 cals is a lot and you could have the tendancy to have a lot of that turn into fat if you are not adequately using the calories. My suggestion would be to use Tobeys "Determining your caloric requirements" post under the educational threads to determine your actual maintanence calories per day and then adjusting that # so you can get lean muscle gains instead of fat gains. I used the formula and determined that I actually need about 2950 calories for lean muscle gains at the present time. But I do have to recalculate the numbers every week since I am currently on cycle. GO VOLS!!!! Sorry, my ex is a big gator fan so I have to go with anyone who beats FLA.

bigreb is offline Associate Member
    Thanx bro, I am on my 1st cycle(600 sust 400 deca 30 d-bol), I'm 38, 6" 185. You had to say go vols, I hate Tennessee, I'd rather you said go noles. Anyway I'll check out Tobey's thread.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Bro, if you are on the sauce... Calories should be at 4000 at your size. Try to get to 4500, I did at your size minus some height and it worked wonders. If there is anyway you can get injectable B12, try it...many say it increases appetite. Other than that, you basically just got to suck it up and eat. You are on a bulking cycle, and not getting the right amount of calories is detrimental to your overall success with AS. Good luck. And EAT!

superbeast is offline Member

bigreb

I currently do 7000 calories a day and manage to stay at 7% at 250 lbs. I feel your pain! Have you ever used MCT oil? Medium chain tryglycerides are a fat but your body doesn't treat them like conventional fats. Because of their chemical structure they are easily broken down into ketones for use as energy by the liver. Theyare an easy way to add 500 or so calories a day. I use Captri from Parillo Performance. There are a few other companies that make MCT oil. You should definitely check it out.

Thread Information