qwad65 is offline New Member

30lbs in 3years?????????

i was wondering if it is postible to gain 30lbs in 3 years.not fat but soild lean muscle.iam 19 and weight 170 at about 10%bf,i was hoping to be 200lbs when i turn 22 i dont want to take a.s until iam ,at least close to my goal and around the age of 24.i was just wondering if my goal is achevable and if you guys have any tips for me thankx.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    How long have you been working out?

If you're completely new to the game, you can put on 30lbs in 1 year naturally. If you've been at it for awhile, I think 30 lean lbs is very reasonable in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    How long have you been working out?

If you're completely new to the game, you can put on 30lbs in 1 year naturally. If you've been at it for awhile, I think 30 lean lbs is very reasonable in 3 years.

well i have been working out on and off for 2 years and i have 1 solid year of traning but not dieting,i think i have a good base.anyone else?

fyerstarter is offline New Member
    I certainly think it's possible, but diet will be the most important key.

A year ago I weighed about 195 with 18% bf and now I am 187 with 10% bf so that's a lean mass gain of about 8-10lbs. A lot of this time was spent cutting down too when I wasn't able to take in the extra calories needed to build muscle. Since you are already starting at a low bodyfat then you won't have to worry about that.

I think to gain that kind of mass you will probably need to go through the normal cycle of bulking up to some degree and then cutting down though, it would probably be pretty hard to make those kind of gains while maintaining your low bodyfat the whole time. Then again three years is a pretty long time.

My roomate who is also my training partner is a tall skinny dude, he started out at about 145 a year ago and is now 165 and has not put on any bodyfat at all, just muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by fyerstarter
    I certainly think it's possible, but diet will be the most important key.

A year ago I weighed about 195 with 18% bf and now I am 187 with 10% bf so that's a lean mass gain of about 8-10lbs. A lot of this time was spent cutting down too when I wasn't able to take in the extra calories needed to build muscle. Since you are already starting at a low bodyfat then you won't have to worry about that.

I think to gain that kind of mass you will probably need to go through the normal cycle of bulking up to some degree and then cutting down though, it would probably be pretty hard to make those kind of gains while maintaining your low bodyfat the whole time. Then again three years is a pretty long time.

My roomate who is also my training partner is a tall skinny dude, he started out at about 145 a year ago and is now 165 and has not put on any bodyfat at all, just muscle.

thankx for the info ,whats everyone else think??

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I agree, as long as you stay dedicated and determined, you can easily put on 30lbs in 3 years. Just get your diet in check and it's all down hill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    I agree, as long as you stay dedicated and determined, you can easily put on 30lbs in 3 years. Just get your diet in check and it's all down hill from there.
    i think i need some help with my diet,right now this is it please tell me what u think.also when do u guys make your meals ?like the start of a week or do u make them everyday as you eat them?
    10:00am ceraial,oatmeal

12:00 2chicken breasts,rice

3:00 40g protien shake

5:00 steak or beef of some sort and potatos,greens

9:30 chicken or tuna

11:00 40g protien shake

please tell me what you guys think and what i need to change to a coplish my goals thankx

Anyone?????

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    170 lbs right? Try every meal... 48 grams protein and 90 grams complex carbs. Stay clean. Try this for a couple weeks. you want to gain atleast 1 lb a week.

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    170 lbs right? Try every meal... 48 grams protein and 90 grams complex carbs. Stay clean. Try this for a couple weeks. you want to gain atleast 1 lb a week.
    whats a good sorce of complex carbs to eat with my meals?also do u think 2 shakes and a protien bar is to much,like should i eat a real meal insted of the bar?

brown rice/oatmeal/ and if your bulking whole wheat bread or the 8 grain stuff. Its fine for right after a work-out and not everyone can afford 4 lbs of meat a day so hehe its ok.

Quote Originally Posted by qwad65
    whats a good sorce of complex carbs to eat with my meals?also do u think 2 shakes and a protien bar is to much,like should i eat a real meal insted of the bar?

thank you,also iam trying to keep a low bf% wile gaining this weight is this a goo diet for this?

LOL why? just kidding thats most peoples goals but its hard to zero in on what it takes exactly. Its different for every person. Just keep a diet log for 4-6 weeks and see what food effects your body differently.

Thread Information