JUICING is offline Associate Member

What's the best alcohol to drink?

What's the best alcohol to drink for the calories. I used to drink Vodka but my wife read that it was high in calories and that white wine was the lowest calorie alcoholic beverage. I don't drink that often but I do like to pull a good drunk every now and then when I'm not on my cycle. I'm looking for a low calorie beverage. Someone please help I'm over due for a good drunk. LOL!

yankees42885 is offline New Member
    hey man,
    usually when i drink, i dont even think about calories... but i have heard and know a lotta people that drink michelobe ultra... it has like 3 g of carbs and 95 cals per bottle which is pretty good.. plus i hard it tastes good.. as far as hard alcohol, they are all high in carbs and cals so if ur worried bout weight stay away from that.... (or u can just mix them with diet soda or something so maybe u will drink less hard alcohod spare u the cals.) but if u do it once in awhile it wont kill u, SO DRINK UP!

JUICING is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees42885
    hey man,
    usually when i drink, i dont even think about calories... but i have heard and know a lotta people that drink michelobe ultra... it has like 3 g of carbs and 95 cals per bottle which is pretty good.. plus i hard it tastes good.. as far as hard alcohol, they are all high in carbs and cals so if ur worried bout weight stay away from that.... (or u can just mix them with diet soda or something so maybe u will drink less hard alcohod spare u the cals.) but if u do it once in awhile it wont kill u, SO DRINK UP!
    I think I have found my new drink michelobe thanks

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Trust me, if it was just calories there would be alot more ppl drinking more often including me.

Alcohol no matter what type is going to dehydrate your muscles and its gonna fuck with your sleep cycle.

The worst thing it does is supress testosterone levels . A one night binge can supress your testosterone levels for the next 72 hrs.

So if you're gonna drink, you might as well drink whatever you want because calories are the least of your concerns. I'm sure there are more negative effects of alcohol but those are the only ones i know off the top of my head.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Actually calories from alcohol are digested differently than carbs.

Beer has carbs from barly which cause immediate insulin spike when consumed along with the calories from alcohol.

Alcohol is coverted into ketones before being used as energy & alcohol itself cannot be used directly for energy. The body absorbes as much alcohol as it can into the blood stream and the remainder is whats converted and stored. The process is much slower than carb break down so drinking liquor with diet soda is better in terms of maintaining body weight because the body can only absorb so much liquor in an hour no matter if it's in the form of beer or wine or liquor, but beer has carbs to go along with it as liquor does not.
    Alcohol does not convert to sugar or carbs, but it is used as an indirect energy source of about 7cal per gram after it's been through the absorbtion process and turned to ketone bodies.

Bottom line, stick to liquor and diet soda if weight is a concern

biggdude is offline Junior Member
    the average 80 proof vodka has about 90 calories per shot... which isnt so bad because it has about the same amount, if not more, of alcohol as a beer.

temperoath is offline Junior Member
    I like drinking rum and diet coke....haha....it might have slowed my process a little, but I was still somehow able to get where I wanted in a few months. The best part of a night of drinking is waking up in the morning...dehydrated as hell...waterless... and looking really ripped for the first few hours!!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    If drink you must try looking into getting this book.

The Protien Counter
    By: Annette B. Natow & Jo-Ann Heslin
    It will list the caloric intake of anything from booze to road kill with what I have found to be a fairly good degree of accuracy.
    IC

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    Trust me, if it was just calories there would be alot more ppl drinking more often including me.

Alcohol no matter what type is going to dehydrate your muscles and its gonna fuck with your sleep cycle.

The worst thing it does is supress testosterone levels . A one night binge can supress your testosterone levels for the next 72 hrs.

So if you're gonna drink, you might as well drink whatever you want because calories are the least of your concerns. I'm sure there are more negative effects of alcohol but those are the only ones i know off the top of my head.
    Perfect reasons to leave boozing to a minimum!

Toga is offline New Member
    Michelob Ultra as far as calories and carbs go is a great beer (95 calories, 2.6 grams carbs). A quick word of advice though...you need to drink it ice cold, otherwise it doesn't taste the best.

Another great tasting Low calorie/carb drink is Mike's Thin Ice (90 calories, 1 carb) This tastes pretty great, just like the original Mike's Hard Lemonaide, but not as sweet. If nothing else it is a great summertime drink...

Thread Information