Question What do you guys think about the Atkins Diet????

Hey Guys.. I was wanting to know your Views on the Atkins Diet ... I have been on it now for about 4 wks... I Started it @ 318 lbs ( < or > )... I am now 292 lbs ( < or > ).... That is with NO Exercise and NO Supplements ..... I have been Very diligent in Not Eating any Carbs at all... About 99% -0- Carbs.... Once a Week I will have a Chicken Cesar Salad for Fiber... ALL of my Store Bought Food's have been -0- Carbs or "Less that" 1g ... I have been Drinking Crystal Light and Water and Every so Often Diet Sprite ( It is the Best Tasting Diet Out there IMO )... I will be starting to Run or Bike Ride soon and I have started to take Sup's... I currently have the Following : EAS- Phen free / BioTest- MD6 ( The Last of it ) / S.A.N.- Thyro-Cuts II / Advocare- Catalyst / MetRx- ThermiCore CRT and MetRx- H2O FX .... I have Only taken the EAS- Phen Free within the Past Few Days... What do you Guys think about these Sup's... Would you Suggest anything Diff or New on the Market... Question: I was told the S.A.N.- Thyro-Cuts II is ( or I Guess was Now that it is Off the Market ) on the lines of a ""OTC"" T3... Is that True... Anyways PLEASE get back... Share you Insight and your FeedBack... It would be GREATly Appreciated...
    DM...

hybrid is offline Member
    Pretty familar with html, aren't we? LOL

Keto diets, much like the atkins diet, are popular among bodybuilders. Do a search on keto diets here for more info.

I would make sure that you are supplementing with fiber daily. Konsyl makes a fiber supp that tastes like shit, but has no carbs. Make sure you drink plenty of water with the fiber and in general every day.

Also make sure that you are supplementing with calcium and potassium. Deficiency of these minerals has been found in diets lacking in carbs. This can lead to heart probs.

Thumbs up Thanks HyBrid>>>>

Hybrid... Thank You for your Insight... It is Greatly Appreciated... I will Check out that Fiber you had mentioned... I am doing a Multi -Vitamin & Mineral ( I forgot to include in My list ) from TwinLab they are the TwinLab- Daily One Caps w/ Iron... I will make sure I am getting the other Nutritionals you had Mentioned as well... Thanks again HyBrid..!!!!

DM....

Imfamous10 is offline Junior Member
    good luck on your lo carb ( torture diet IMO)
    Im on week 2 and already noticing those little muscles between your upper chest and shoulder blades and pretty sure I lost a few inches on my gut but keeping weight( not in it for that anyway)
    Im supping with xenadrine efx mixed with kaizen 60mg ephedrine caps, glutamine 3 times a day 5-pre WO and 5 post WO and 10 before bed at night with a protien shake (precision engineered=nitro tech for half the price) 30 to 45 min/day 4 to 5 days a week, and monday Ill start the circuit training routine.
    once again good luck cuz I KNOW its hard not to dip wheat bread in over easy eggs for breakfast(the thing I miss most) and congrats on your progress so far

web03 is offline Associate Member
    I give you mad props. I started a low carb diet ...right around 100-150g a day and I am going insane! Im always hungry b/c the damn protein doesnt fill me up enough. Best of luck bro.

Web

Danielle is offline Female Member
    I've seen people have amazing results with the Atkins diet......but its so not for me....i dont feel full without any type of bread..........and im a runner........i need my carbs or i do not have the stength to run like i do.......
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Thumbs up Thanks Guys and Beautiful Danielle....

Imfamous10:
    Thanks for your Insight and you Sharing your Experience with the Diet... Are you Still on it... The way your post reads it sounds like your still on it... I am not having such a hard time with it as many seem to do... I LOVE MEAT!!!! However I know it is very hard for many and Believe me I do not envy their struggle with the Atkins Diet... The one such as your Self who Struggle or find the Atkins Difficult are the Ones who Deserve the Props!!! Me... I just LOVE MEAT and BLOOD!!!! The Atkins was made for us Vampires... lol... Well Bro Good Luck to you and you Goals!!! I wish the Best for you!!!
    DM....

web03:
    Hey Web03... Thanks for the Mad Props Bro... I am on ZERO (-0-) Carbs Sun - Fri then Sat I will have my Chicken Cesar Salad.... I have no Probs with it at all... If you read my Reply to Imfamous10 above you will see that I LOVE My MEAT!!!!! Good Luck with your Diet Bro... Hold Strong and fight for your Self... In the end it will be worth ALL the Paine!!!! My Heller Props out to you Bro... Keep up the Good Work!!!!

DM....

Danielle :
    Awwww!!! Mrs.. Beautiful Danielle .... I wish to thank you for your Reply... Being that you are a Runner I am sure the Atkins would not supplement you with the Energy you would need for being a runner... Well i my eyes running is so much more Exhausting that Lifting ( and I was once a Power Lifter )... I hope you find and meet your Goals you place for yourself... Good Luck and Thank You once again for Gracing my Humble Post with your reply... XOXO

DM...

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Devil, averaging a 6 lb lose a week, without cardio, is pretty damn good bro. You hang tough (from the sounds of it that won't be to rough for you....loving meat and all) and stick to it. Wait till you start throwing the cardio on top of it and let me know how fast the weight drops......you'll be very happy I guarantee. I've been using this diet for the past couple of years and have had great results. When I first started really knuckling down and getting my diet in check I weighed 278lbs and dropped down to 214. I had a surgery three months back so kind of slipped backwards. I ended up around 230 and started back on the program (slowly) over the past four weeks. Monday before last I started the diet hard core and I'm sitting at 221, not a bad loss for being on it for 11 days.

I've a couple of tips that have worked for me. Eat every 2 - 2.5 hours, keep something in you every waking moment of the day. Generally I stop eating three hours before going to bed but now and again I get the munchies so I snack on jell-o, peanuts or even a protein bar. Do your cardio first thing in the morning but don't eat before exercising, I also down half a diet coke for the caffeine and to get a bump on the heart rate. Eat right after your workout. Keep low carb foods everywhere you might be, never know when you might need something. All this stuff you already know but here are the real tricks that help keep you losing the fat.

Once you start cardio you'll see the weight peel off at a pretty fast rate however it will stall a little after a while. When this happens have a cheat meal, hell you could even have a cheat day! After your cheat jump back on the low carb diet and stick to it another two weeks then cheat again. Careful, don't get into the habit of cheating to often.

Now when the cheat meal trick stops working (weight lose slows down again) this trick is a little more drastic, cut the calories. More or less I'll reduce the size of my portions. Not for long mind you because once the weight loss kicks back in you can up the portions. Go another two weeks then use the cheat meal again. Last trick in my bag is to get off the diet entirely for a week, I eat everything I know I shouldn't. I don't think how bad anything is I just eat whatever the hell I want................then jump back on the diet!

BTW, there are a lot of new low carb products hitting the market. Some are flat out damn good. I found a chocolate bar that has 0-1 carb and tastes almost (mind you almost) as good as Hershey's. Damn nice reward for myself when I take my daughter to the movies and such. Best of luck to you...............you're off to a great start! Sorry about being so long winded.

Jugg

temperoath is offline Junior Member
    The general concept behind the atkins diet is great, and works well for disciplined dieters. I think that it is geared more toward the average dieter, not the bodybuilder. Dan Duchaine's body opus diet is kind of like a revised atkin's....geared toward the athlete in that it tries to limit muscle catabolicism. Also talks about various supplements, and other dieting concepts. Great reading for everyone!

Thumbs up

Juggernaut2148 and Temperoath>>>>

Hey Guys thanks for your replys... I have hit that Area of the diet where it seems to have STOP'd... I will be starting the Guy here in a Few... A friend of mine just became a Trainer at a New guy not to far from me... She said she would hook me up with a Free Membership!!!! Sweeeet!!!!

Hey Jugg... Where in FL are you...??? I am in Hollywood.... Get back!!!

Again thank alot for the replys Guys... It is realy Helping me out!!!!

Thanks...

DM...

I'm in the Tampa - St Petersburg area. Good to see a FL bro on board...........darn Canadians have taken over! HA

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

ditto...

Quote Originally Posted by temperoath
    I think that it is geared more toward the average dieter, not the bodybuilder.

...you need carbs for the energy to build muscle...I have several friends on the atkins diet who are just trying to lose weight quickly...they don't care if they lose their muscle along with the fat, just as long as they drop weight. For someone like yourself who has extremely high BF, the atkins diet is a good choice for a drastic decrease in weight, IMO, just make sure to follow it up with a permanent healthy diet when you reach your body weight goal to keep the fat off. I'd recommend a high protein, moderate carb (quality complex carbs except for the PWO sugar shake you need), and low (healthy) fats spread over 6-7 meals a day. Remember one thing here though...eat for health, not for taste! You'll get used to it. And after a while, you won't even like high sugar/fat foods anymore!

Pumpseeker is dead on with eating for health and not taste, you will get very used to it and should be able to stick with the plan with little trouble. Now and then though you'll get a craving for something "comforting" so look for some low carb snacks to keep on hand, there are some really good ones out now. Back about two or three years ago there was nothing like what they produce today. Plenty to keep you on target. Good luck and keep us informed. Lot of good bros here to keep you focused and moving towards your goal and they've all struggled through the things you're going through.

Thread Information