tolinka is offline Senior Member

Fast Metabolism...not another "I cant gain weight question..."

My queastion is...people with fast metabolsim, do you eat food that contain alot of fat or fast food, junk food, whatever and still stay lean? does fat have any effect on us???

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    chinese buffets work wonders with those who cant gain

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I eat ANYTHING and if I work out moderately, say 2x a week I still have lean muscle.
    I dont go around eating deep freid snickers bars or twinkies or shit like that (often) but, I eat pizza, cheese burgers occasionally.
    My main food is boneless chicken and fourcheese riceoroni.
    3,000 calories is what I have to eat to balance the GAIN and LOSE WEIGHT factor.
    My body type is awesome as far as genetics go.
    It is expensive to gain weight and keep it on though

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Some can actually get away eating anyhting, but I recommend staying with clean foods just more of them. I know it's easier said than done some times but it is the best route to take.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    yes I believe the fat has an effect. you wont put on LBM. Just eat clean and if your not gaining at 4k move to 5k,6k,7k hehe youll gain then.

o and bermich theres nothing wrong with twinkies 8) just get the fat free and eat them after workouts for the sugar

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    So bermich, you post a lot. Are you gonna post a picture? ...

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    So bermich, you post a lot. Are you gonna post a picture? ...
    More than likely.

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    EAt clean but Just eat more of it. It will be better for u done the road

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    this guy doing my diet for me told me to eat tons of pizza, its good and has tons of carbs and calories

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate you all

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Quote Originally Posted by RON
    I hate you all
    Stop the hating, some of us can't help it that we can eat anything and not gain a pound...

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tolinka
    My queastion is...people with fast metabolsim, do you eat food that contain alot of fat or fast food, junk food, whatever and still stay lean? does fat have any effect on us???

Fat has an effect on everyone really. It depends on the kind of fat (saturated, unsaturated, animal, plant, etc.). Anyway, you should speak to your doctor, because there can be outside inflinces such as parasites (certain types of worms that can live in the intestinal tract). A simple blood test can rule that out.

After your doctor tells you that there is no outside factor, then you should just look at your diet. Sometimes we think we're eating more than what we actually are. Or we eat a lot one day and barely eat for a couple of days. To make sure that's not the case, you should go a week or two and record everything that you eat and drink. Then just make sure you're eating enough, getting all of your amino's, drinking enough water, etc. If you find that you're not eating as much as you thought you were, speak to a pharmacist and they can recomend a good apetite increaser.

Your daily activities is another thing to look at. Do you play sports like basketball? Do you tend to do a lot of walking? Anything that makes you sweat will cause you to have a harder time to gain weight. If you do any of these kinds of activities, you should slow them down as much as possible.

A person with a "fast metabolism" medically has a high basil metabolism. It just means that there body uses more energy to run it's basic functioning (such as heart beat, resperation, etc). That can be confused with a person that just has a problem with digesting foods. Once again, you can speak to a pharmacist about something that will help you digest food better.

I'm one of those people that can eat and eat and eat and never gain any weight, so I know what you're going through.

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    Fat has an effect on everyone really. It depends on the kind of fat (saturated, unsaturated, animal, plant, etc.). Anyway, you should speak to your doctor, because there can be outside inflinces such as parasites (certain types of worms that can live in the intestinal tract). A simple blood test can rule that out.

After your doctor tells you that there is no outside factor, then you should just look at your diet. Sometimes we think we're eating more than what we actually are. Or we eat a lot one day and barely eat for a couple of days. To make sure that's not the case, you should go a week or two and record everything that you eat and drink. Then just make sure you're eating enough, getting all of your amino's, drinking enough water, etc. If you find that you're not eating as much as you thought you were, speak to a pharmacist and they can recomend a good apetite increaser.

Your daily activities is another thing to look at. Do you play sports like basketball? Do you tend to do a lot of walking? Anything that makes you sweat will cause you to have a harder time to gain weight. If you do any of these kinds of activities, you should slow them down as much as possible.

A person with a "fast metabolism" medically has a high basil metabolism. It just means that there body uses more energy to run it's basic functioning (such as heart beat, resperation, etc). That can be confused with a person that just has a problem with digesting foods. Once again, you can speak to a pharmacist about something that will help you digest food better.

I'm one of those people that can eat and eat and eat and never gain any weight, so I know what you're going through.

Wel lI do know how to eat and gain weight, I just havent dieted for a while now. The thing is, I dont get enough meals at home, so sometimes I have to eat a burger here and there. I did hear that fat is like water for people with fast metabolsim. I dont think I have any worm either, I eat, after about 20 mintus I will need to take a dump lol...I just want to know if fat sticks to us ectomorphes as to to people who have no problem with gaining weght.

I want to gain wieght, but keep the fat to a minimum...

Wel lI do know how to eat and gain weight, I just havent dieted for a while now. The thing is, I dont get enough meals at home, so sometimes I have to eat a burger here and there. I did hear that fat is like water for people with fast metabolsim. I dont think I have any worm either, I eat, after about 20 mintus I will need to take a dump lol...I just want to know if fat sticks to us ectomorphes as to to people who have no problem with gaining weght.

I want to gain wieght, but keep the fat to a minimum...

It's difficult for us to put on weight in any form. Usually a person with a lot of muscle cells will have a lot of fat cells and a person with few muscle cells will have few fat cells. In our case, we have few fat cells and few muscle cells. Not getting fat isn't too hard, because we have few fat cells and all of your fat cells have to fill up before you will grow new fat cells. But once a fat cell is developed, it will empty but not disapear.

So, looking at it like that, all you have to do is concentrate on increasing the number of muscle cells that you have. Unfortunately, that's way harder than it sounds (for most people).

Fat isn't going to do much for people. Fat is the way that animals and plants store energy. Just because you consume the fat (stored energy) doesn't mean that it will be automatically stored by your body. It goes through the digestive system and gets broken down and obsorbed by your system. The only real problem with certain kinds of fat is that they can end up in your circulatory system (causing high cholestorol levels). Fats can clog up your digestive system, slow things down and cause problems with your organs. (Even the Bible says you shouldn't consume fat).

A person stores fat when they consume something that "opens" their fat cells, such as drinking Pepsi. Intruducing sugar into your system causes your pancrease to produce insulin , which enters your blood stream, which in turn goes to your brain, which in turn tells your body that it no longer needs any emediate energy, so instead of producing adenosin tri phosphate, your body dumps into the fat cells. The principal is called the Gluco-Static theory. Your body tries to maintain a certain glucose level in your blood. When your glucose level goes hi you no longer feel hungry and anything extra gets stored. When your glucose level drops, you get hunger pangs.

If you start to put on fat, you will find that you will gain weight in bursts. You will fill up your fat cells, then stay stagnent. After your body has built more fat cells, you will sudenly gain another 3lbs in one day, and then be stagnant again until your body builds more fat cells.

It's hard to build weight in muscle, because your body attacks your muscles for energy before it attacks your fat cells for energy. Your fat cells is to your body kinda what your 401(k) is to you. It's there as a safety net and you'll go every place else before you dip into your 401(k). (I just thought that one up).

Even when you work out, your body breaks down ATP from your muscle cells. The ATP is broken down into ADP (Adenosen Diphosphate), then ADP is broken down to a single phosphate. Then your blood has to carry away the toxins that are left over. It goes to your lunges and you breath it out. When you go into oxagen debt, your body is not able to get enough oxygen atoms in there to attract the phosphates into the blood stream and now your muscles are coated in toxins. That's the burning feeling you get when you work out too much. That kills your muscle cells, so you want to avoid that burning feeling. You do want the tight, stiff feeling though.

Your muscle cells don't normally get bigger, they just increase in number. Certain steroids do make the muscle cells bigger, and your muscle cells may get a little bigger naturally, but not by much. A lot of the increase in size of a muscle cell is just water retention. The miofibrils have a slight gap between them and you can retain water between them. In any case, it takes a while for your body to build new muscle cells, so you won't be able to put on more than about 15 lbs of actual muscle per year. When you think about it, that's actually quite a bit of size, just doesn't look so good on a scale. Go to the supermarket and look at 15 lbs of ground beef. That's quite a bit of meat.

In general, in order to gain weight and keep the fat to a minimum, only eat meals with water. Avoid simple sugars. Don't bother with weight gain shakes. Work out with heavy weights, low reps (but do it safely. Don't work with more weight than you can comfortably work with). Don't over work the muscles (causing them to atrophy will only work against you). Don't do anything that will cause you to sweat too much. Stay as inactive as possible. Make sure you take in all of your amino acids (red meat has the most amino acids. Your body can reconfigure the amino acids that you intake into most amino acids that it might be lacking, but not all. So taking amino acid suppliments is highly suggested). Make sure you consume plenty of protein. The muscle cells are basically water and protein, so make sure you drink plenty of water also. If you are at least in your mid 20's, you can look into prohormones to get your body to build muscle cells a little quicker (such as 1-AD and 4-AD). Allow your muscles plenty of time to recover, but don't wait too long. Keep a detailed workout log (include the weight you are lifting, the number of reps and measurements. If you get weaker, you're over working, if you're not increasing the reps you can do, then you're not working out enough).

Hope that helps. Also hope I didn't get too deep into things for you. I tried to keep it seperated so you can sift through it a little easier.

Good Read!!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    If you have to eat out form time to time try and stay as clean as you can. Don't go for that burger covered in cheese and bacon. What I'll do is order the chicken andwhich, plain with mustard and lettuce or the doubble burger dry with only mustard.
    Not the best but it works. If anyhting do what I do, when I know the wife and I are going to be in townm all day I pack a cooler full of food for me to eat. People laugh when I walk into Wal-Mart with a cooler and a jug of water, but it works.

Damn dbarcelo...very good read thanks...

bt- i guess chicken sandwich is the way to go, ill miss burgers!

Damn dbarcelo...very good read thanks...

bt- i guess chicken sandwich is the way to go, ill miss burgers!
    I wouldn't completely discard burgers. You can have a few plain burgers. The red meat is good for the protein content. I personally only go for chicken and fish when I go for fast food, but I don't see anything wrong with a burger, on a bunn with a little ketchup and maybe some onions. But you should try to stay away from the cheese, special sauces, and all the other crap they tend to put on those sandwitches. Fries aren't the best thing either. If you can get them to give you the fries without the salt, then their not as bad. Most people don't realize that you can even ask for things like that.

So don't feel too bad.

millionmillionaires is offline Associate Member
    I used to have the inability to gain... until I met a giant who taught me to eat and lift.

LOTS OF STARCH; LOTS OF PROTEIN; LOTS OF COMPLEX CARBS; NEVER DO CARDIO

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    why bump a 9 month old thread with some terrible advice..?

Beernutz is offline Member
    i dunno Elliot but i dont agree with almost all of those posts... Why would anyone have to eat junk food to gain weight. Weight gain is attributed through kcals amount not how unclean they are. If you eat clean and eat alot of it you can gain the same muscle mass without the excess lard around your waist. I hate to say this but i really disagree with 90% of this thread.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Beernutz.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RON
    I hate you all
    I also hate you all. I think threads like this should be locked, lol. Ive been overweight for as long as I can remember. Im almost happy with my bf finally, but if even looked at a china buffet or pizza, my love handles would shot out a solid inch.

-ost

Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    I eat whatever the hell I want, or should I say whatever the hell my mom cooks, and I have had a six pack as long as I can remember. I think everyones body handles fat/carbs/protein differently. In my case, I'm from Kentucky. People here dont consider it food unless its battered and fried so I imagine my system is quite used to it.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Hero
    I eat whatever the hell I want, or should I say whatever the hell my mom cooks, and I have had a six pack as long as I can remember. I think everyones body handles fat/carbs/protein differently. In my case, I'm from Kentucky. People here dont consider it food unless its battered and fried so I imagine my system is quite used to it.
    If you were within reach, I'd slap you right now.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    lol, enjoy it while it lasts hometown, when you get older it won't be the same....

LOL I know, as soon as my metabolism slows up its going to be hard times. But the problem right now is I have to work just as hard to gain weight as some of you do to loose it. I have straight busted my @$$ for two years to get from 5'8 130 to 5'8 165. Yeah, I'm cut pretty much year around, but I will never be HUGE like some of you guys can. So its got its downsides just like anything else.

Who said you cant get huge bro. Only diff between you and a naturally big guy is how easily you will grow. You can grow and actually look better then a naturally big guy but it would just be harder to get to that point. i speak from experience i used to be a twig eventhough im no monster ive still managed to build some size and rid myself of the toothpick look. Anyone can get big its the path you take to get to that point that is key. Ive found from looking and asking around that the naturally skinny guys are the guys who end up looking the best once they pack on the size.

Great words of inspiration man. I no longer look like a twig either, 165 pounds looks pretty good on my frame as my bone structure is not very large at all. But anyway beernutz made a great point, you can't expect to grow if you dont beleive you can. Great post bro. I needed to be checked on that one.

tonight is offline Junior Member
    Not what I recommend but I saw this posted on www.badguygear.com by badguy himself who isn't a small guy by any means. Kind of funny I think :

Bulking diet--Get ready!! This is my typical eating(bulking program)Please be advised you may want to have your children step out of room--when reading this:

9 AM--McDonalds--4 $1 egg rollups
    1 egg mcmuffin
    1 hotcake no sausage

12 Noon---buffet--usually OldCountryBuffet or Chinese--$6
    if Chinese--1 big plate of rice
    4 very big plates of chicken stir-fry(usually I pick out the veggies--I do like the water crests!
    1 plate of sweet and sour chicken
    6 Almond Cookies
    1 fortune cookie--hey need my fortune!

4 PM---Rallys/Burger King / McDonalds---5 doublecheese burgers--$5
    1 small fries
    2 apple pies

8 PM---Dominos Lg Pizza--pineapple and green pepper--$7 (I order everyday so they give me special)

9 PM--before I go bounce---two tuna sandwiches with Quick Choc. Milk
    four granola bars made by Sunbelt--4 for a buck--can't beat that!!

If I don't bounce I will have 1 quart of baskin robbins ice cream at 12:30

If I do bounce--the cooks at the bar make me 3 big Turkey and Chedder sandwiches and I eat at 3 AM

THERE YOU HAVE IT!!
    MY Diet!!
    I know it's not pretty but then again I'm not either!! (badguy)
    Last edited by tonight; 06-23-2004 at 09:37 PM.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonight
    Not what I recommend but I saw this posted on www.badguygear.com by badguy himself who isn't a small guy by any means. Kind of funny I think :

Bulking diet--Get ready!! This is my typical eating(bulking program)Please be advised you may want to have your children step out of room--when reading this:

9 AM--McDonalds--4 $1 egg rollups
    1 egg mcmuffin
    1 hotcake no sausage

12 Noon---buffet--usually OldCountryBuffet or Chinese--$6
    if Chinese--1 big plate of rice
    4 very big plates of chicken stir-fry(usually I pick out the veggies--I do like the water crests!
    1 plate of sweet and sour chicken
    6 Almond Cookies
    1 fortune cookie--hey need my fortune!

4 PM---Rallys/Burger King / McDonalds---5 doublecheese burgers--$5
    1 small fries
    2 apple pies

8 PM---Dominos Lg Pizza--pineapple and green pepper--$7 (I order everyday so they give me special)

9 PM--before I go bounce---two tuna sandwiches with Quick Choc. Milk
    four granola bars made by Sunbelt--4 for a buck--can't beat that!!

If I don't bounce I will have 1 quart of baskin robbins ice cream at 12:30

If I do bounce--the cooks at the bar make me 3 big Turkey and Chedder sandwiches and I eat at 3 AM

THERE YOU HAVE IT!!
    MY Diet!!
    I know it's not pretty but then again I'm not either!! (badguy)

This guy should change his url to www.fatguy.com

that looks like a diet that should be given to one of the Olson twins.

Thread Information