Thread: Any Help?

Doc40 is offline Associate Member

Any Help?

Ok im startin cardio tommorow 5x a week for 45min. I dont have class untill 1 so i decided to wake up about 11 and go. Im just wonderin if i should wake up at like 9 in teh mornin and drink a shake than go back to sleep, or should i wait till after doin cardio to eat so i burn more fat? Im 185 about 12%BF lookin to see abs, should I still be eatin about 300-350 g of protein a day? Im keepin my carbs real low probably 50-75g/day. No AS yet, just ECA and in a couple weeks Clen to help out. I want to cut down before I bulk up. Any suggestions? Thanks, Doc

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Why so late in the morning? Do you work late or have a late class?

I've had the best luck with first thing in the morning on an empty stomach...try it both ways and see what works best

Keep your protein high but not that high...if you're training naturally 200g/day is adequate. If you are going to keep you carbs that low you are going to feel like shit in a few weeks...try adding a bit more dietary fat (EFA's) to your diet for energy....maybe get some MCT oil (medium chain tryglicerides (sp)) . I would also suggest a carb up "day" every 2 weeks from clean sources with a high GI....brown rice, yams, oats, wheat pasta....about 600g

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Petes right do the cardio in the am and keep the protein around 1g per lb of BW when natural that should be enough.

The reason I will be doin cardio so late in the mornin is cause I will usually stay up later since I dont have class untill 130. How long do you think I should wait before eating after cardio? Thanks for the help fellas, Doc.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I usually wait 45 minutes to an hour. And yes....I remeber being in University and staying up late. Now I'm in bed by 10:00pm every night....9:00pm sometimes

superbeast is offline Member
    Your carbs are way too low. You need about 150 grams a day! Minimum! The reason you do cardio right after you wake up is that your glycogen stores are naturally depleted after sleeping. This causes lypolysis(fat burning) to begin faster. Since your glycogen stores are depleted, you can eat probably 75 grams of carbs afterwards and they will replenish your glycogen stores rather than turn to fat. You need to take this in within 30 minutes after finishing, just as you would after lifting. As for a protein shake, it won't really hurt you. You can actually drink one just prior to cardio. Protein is not easily burned for energy. Anytime you are burning fat, you are burning amino acids. These aminos have to come from somewhere. If they aren't in your system, muscle is catabolized to provide them. So, if you don't want to burn muscle, don't be afraid to have a small shake before cardio.

Personally, I have one before bed, in the middle of the night, and right when I wake up before cardio.

Thanks for some good info. So you think I should up my carbs? Im really sensitive to carbs, I notice a difference right away, but will the extra cardio take care of that? Thanks, Doc.

Yeah I know the feeling, anyway Ill try 100-150 and see how it works. Thanks again bros. Doc

Thread Information