D.L. Abbot is offline New Member

mod/vet does this diet plan look alright????

My diet as of now:

8 am: 5 eggs(2 yolks, rest whites) 1/2 to 3/4 cup of 2% cottage cheese, and half turkey (three turkey slices)sandwich with light mayo, protein shake (optimum nutrition 23g/serving).

Around 11:30 or 12: Good size grilled chicken breast, full turkey sand (5 slices) w/ light mayo on whole wheat bread, 1/2 to 3/4 cup 2% cottage cheeze, 2 eggwhites, and Protien shake(23g/serving).

Around 3-4 PM: Full turkey or tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread with light mayo, 1/2 to 3/4 cup of 2% low fat cottage cheese, little portion of potato salad, protien shake (23g/serving).

5 or 6 PM: Workout and immediately after I drink 1 serving of Cytogainer(56g protein/serving, 85g carbs/serving) this is approximately 610 calories

7 to 8 PM: Same as 11:30 or 12o lunch but without the protein shake.

10 to 11 PM: Go to bed and consume 2 servings (46 grams of protien) of protien shake...

As of right now my stats are 6'3" and 190 pounds, real low bodyfat.... But i need someone with good knowledge to critique this diet. Is it OK? I want to gain about 15 -20 pounds (in about six months) before i start my cycle..

I just started eating this diet plan this week....And my diet before was probly half of this (not very much at all) but now I realize that food is a big factor.... Do you think that my goals are attainable? Don't smoke weed but i drink about once a month..

Any replies are greatly appreciated.. OH yeah and i just started to take creatine this week (approximately 7grams/day)

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Lol was the supermarket running a special on cottage cheese or do you just like it that much???
    Cottage cheese is fine but there are plenty of better protein sources to choose from. I would change up the variety alittle.

I think the first thing you need to do is sit down and crunch some #'s. Looks like right now your closer to your maintaince range then you are to putting on size. I would bump up your carb intake.
    Shoot for at least 300g of carbs, mainly split among meal#1, PWO, and PPWO.

Biggest thing...substitute potatoes for the slices of bread. I'll post back later,

~US~

D.L. Abbot is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Lol was the supermarket running a special on cottage cheese or do you just like it that much???
    Cottage cheese is fine but there are plenty of better protein sources to choose from. I would change up the variety alittle.

I think the first thing you need to do is sit down and crunch some #'s. Looks like right now your closer to your maintaince range then you are to putting on size. I would bump up your carb intake.
    Shoot for at least 300g of carbs, mainly split among meal#1, PWO, and PPWO.

Biggest thing...substitute potatoes for the slices of bread. I'll post back later,

~US~
    Yeah I do like cottage cheese, also its 15-20 grams of protien per serving so i just added it in there..........I have some potatoes but i don't know how to cook them.....Should i just microwave it??? And this can't be my maintenance because i was maintaining the same weight and probly eating half of what i just posted..... I just started eating like that this week......

thanks

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Microwave them, it's quick and easy. As for the numbers, that's just guess work. My maintanence cals are lower than most would think. I would do as US says and throw some variety in there. As for that turkey lunch meat, I'd ditch it. If it's the processed deli meat it's full of fillers. As for all that bread, again ditch it for potatoes, oats or rice. Just my .02.

Thread Information