rambo is offline The Lord God

Hypothetically Speaking...

I havn't eaten fast food or cheesecake or the likes in well over 5 months. I really want to eat an entire apple pie. I'm running at 130 grams carbs/250 pro daily, and i really want to blow it out. I just want one day full of apple pies and Grilled Stuft Burritos. Where in this process of despicable gluttony do i cross the line from slight weight gain due to an excess caloric intake to a measurable body fat increase? Is it possible to gain .5-1% body fat from a one day excursion? Any formulas I can use to assess the damage would be great. I want to eat like I used to when i was a pudgy ball of lard 7 years ago...if only for a day

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Rambo, instead of eating like your days of old how about giving into your cravings once a week or two with a meal of your choice? Eat whatever you want for that meal and jump back on the band wagon. Funny thing is once you have the cheat you'll feel bad and you'll stick to your diet even longer until the next time.

The sad part is I do have a cheat meal once weekly, usually on my carb up day. I just wanna know how much a day like that would set me back in the long run.

The damage has been done: 8 donuts, two double cheeseburgers, large fries, large curly fries, 2 tacos, eggroll, ice cream cone, varioius candies, large banana nut muffin. I am a bad man.

Well then use this as an experiment and record what happens. Bet you don't gain a pound although you'll be out of the zone for a couple of days but it'll bounce back soon enough.

Only eight donuts? Lightweight................ha

Donuts are expensive down here Those 8 donuts cost me like 15 bucks. And they start to sound delicious again right about now...

Holly crap! $15!! Well I can tell already I'm in the wrong business! Where is that you live?

Oh, and hell NO you can't cave again.

Hawaii. Ha, no i am going to the gym. I'm a night rat, i like to workout when all the idiots are gone. And i guess that when you sell stuff on an island you can charge whatever you want since saps like me will pay for it.

Damn bro you are a night rat. Well tear it up in the gym and get back on track.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    this is something i have been looking at and i reckon some days i blow out, all day, i gain nothing, but if it lasts for more than a day, then i am fucked, I am talking about when i am on a low carb diet.Last week i went away for 3 days and blew out, im quite sure i gained about 3lb or more of pure fat. I know as i was dry as fuck when i left no carbs all week and intense cardio, i was getting cramps, then when i got back i was total 8-9lbs heavier, then 3 days later back on the low carb/cardio routine, i lost about 6lb again. I am dry now, over 3 lb heavier than last week before i went away, so im quite sure i have gained some fat

peace

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Well weather or not how much damamge will be done depends on a variety of factors.
    Age, gentics, training vs cardio rouitine as well as any specific gear that you may be taken at the time will all have a tremendous effect. I have noticed that I could eat anything I wanted back in the days I taught aerobics. But then again I was eatting about 2500 calories a day working out 4 days a week and doing cardio fro a minuim of 1 hour a day. Now that my cardio out put is no where it once was I really have to watch what I take in. This may not hold true for you. Moral of this is you can try it and possible blow alot of hard work OR you may not. Like I said there are alot of different factors to consider.
    Tobey

I'm beginning to think that the bulk of the problem is just mathematical. If you approach it like you would a cheat meal while cutting (not exceeding the total amount of calories you have shaved off of each days caloric intake during the given week) then I guess that a splurge like the one I indulged in can do nothing more than make me a little fatter. Well, lessons are learned, like always...

Thread Information