Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    tolinka's Avatar
    tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Israel...
    Posts
    1,152

    Plain Rice...is to old

    Im sick of plain white rice...and brown...how to make the rice taste better?

    moneyboss...? tobey...?

  2. #2
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,101
    Quote Originally Posted by tolinka
    Im sick of plain white rice...and brown...how to make the rice taste better?

    moneyboss...? tobey...?
    Try cooking it with some chicken broth. Yum!

    Maybe add some in some wild rice.

    I personally do a fried rice.

    Cook rice the night before and put in the fridge overnight.

    heat some peanut oil
    add a clove of minced garlic
    add a few eggs and scramble them
    add some peas
    add cooked rice from fridge
    add low sodium soya sauce
    add a splash of rice viengar for that extra kick
    add some sesame seeds

    Really good!! If you want I'll write a thread with detailed instructions. Let me know. I usually just eyeball everything.

  3. #3
    caturpilar's Avatar
    caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sunny Side of Dreams
    Posts
    279
    Okay most people think this isn't tasty but I love it, just cook your rice in diluted milk or like 2% then drain add fresh milk and some sugar or sweetner of choice to taste and enjoy.

  4. #4
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,101
    Quote Originally Posted by caturpilar
    Okay most people think this isn't tasty but I love it, just cook your rice in diluted milk or like 2% then drain add fresh milk and some sugar or sweetner of choice to taste and enjoy.
    Sounds like a rice pudding. Add a little cinnamon and tiny amount of nutmeg and you pretty much have rice pudding. Could also add raisins.

  5. #5
    BIG TEXAN's Avatar
    BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    6,525
    I just use some hot sauce or a couble shots of Soy sauce or Worchestershire sauce. That or just eat it plain mixed with my chicken or beef.

  6. #6
    tolinka's Avatar
    tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Israel...
    Posts
    1,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Try cooking it with some chicken broth. Yum!

    Maybe add some in some wild rice.

    I personally do a fried rice.

    Cook rice the night before and put in the fridge overnight.

    heat some peanut oil
    add a clove of minced garlic
    add a few eggs and scramble them
    add some peas
    add cooked rice from fridge
    add low sodium soya sauce
    add a splash of rice viengar for that extra kick
    add some sesame seeds

    Really good!! If you want I'll write a thread with detailed instructions. Let me know. I usually just eyeball everything.

    Moneyboss! this sounds delicious! Please detail everything bro...

  7. #7
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,101
    Quote Originally Posted by tolinka
    Moneyboss! this sounds delicious! Please detail everything bro...
    I'll make it this weekend and I'll measure everything out. It's really good...plus you get some protein from the eggs!

  8. #8
    tolinka's Avatar
    tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Israel...
    Posts
    1,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I'll make it this weekend and I'll measure everything out. It's really good...plus you get some protein from the eggs!

    sweet, I cant wait! I have a queastion though, how do you measure out everything?

  9. #9
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,101
    Quote Originally Posted by tolinka
    sweet, I cant wait! I have a queastion though, how do you measure out everything?
    Haha! I usually don't. I just slop it all togther and then adjust as needed.

    When I make it next I'll measure the ingreients first...then keep track of how many tablespoons, cups, etc. of each ingredient I put in.

  10. #10
    hybrid's Avatar
    hybrid is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    651
    Money boss is right on. Fried rice is great. I do it simple a lot of times. Rice, egg whites and some low sodium soy sauce, maybe a few peas. Takes like 5 minutes.

  11. #11
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,101
    I didn't get a chance to make it this weekend. I'll try and make some soon though!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •