Thread: A few diet questions
09-10-2003, 08:31 AM #1
A few diet questions
Got a few simple questions:
1) Still working hard on getting enough food into my system everyday. After only gaining 1/2 lbs this week (Wk 5 of my cycle) and I am little worried. I want to add a pre workout meal....what would most of you guys suggest. I don't want to feel bloated and weighed down when I hit the gym.
2.) I have read that you should get protein into your system within 30 minutes of completing your workout. Is that 30 mins counting only lifting or my cardio too? Some days during the week I have to run errands after the gym and dont get back home for my post workout shake for 45-60 mins. Is that too long?
3) I have been experiencing great workouts for the past 2 weeks. Adding plates like crazy. Picking up weights that I never could before...but I am experiencing some cramping later in the day. Is that caused by something lacking in my diet?
Help with any of these is greatly appreciated.
09-10-2003, 09:36 AM #2
1. Something not too heavy in carbs, one of my favorites is some non fat cottage cheese with 2 tbsps of natural pb.
2. Why not bring the shake in a shake bottle?
3. Yeah, most likely water, or if you are drinking enough maybe a lack of potassium. Remember gallon a day on a cycle is essential, especially with DBOL .
09-10-2003, 09:43 AM #3
1. YOu want a good meal abou an hour before you workout. I personally eat 1 cup rice or more and 2 chicken breast. Than as I'm walking into the gym I'm drinking a 25g protein drink.
2. Start making your pwo shake prior to lifting and take it with you.
3. Potassium or not enough water. Also may need to cut back on sodium a bit.
09-10-2003, 10:11 AM #4
Would a pre workout shake of milk and protein be good?
Could a subsitute a protein bar on those days I dont get back quick? Then have my shake when I get home?
09-10-2003, 10:58 AM #5
I would mix it with water for preworkout
As for the bar.... just take the shake with you.
09-10-2003, 12:17 PM #6
09-10-2003, 12:34 PM #7
I tend to try and eat a baked potatoe and tuna about an hour before my workouts. If it ends up being a bit longer than that, then I drink a shake just before my workout.
I always have a shake just after my workout before I jump in the shower at the gym. I just bring a small container with protein powder and another with gatorade or other simple carbs and mix up a shake in the locker room. I then eat about an hour after that again.
Remember that food intake is just as important as working out when on a cycle... maybe even more important. You need at least 6 good meals a day to grow.
09-10-2003, 12:38 PM #8
Since I work out early in the AM, I think I will try to down the Protein & Water for my preworkout. Then I will have my heavy post workout shake when I get home. I am trying to cut my post workout errand days down to 2-3 a week. On those days I will make sure I get some protein in me ASAP when leaving the gym.
09-10-2003, 12:39 PM #9
Dangit...your page isnt working.
09-10-2003, 01:35 PM #10
ummm... looks like my computer at home must have crashed. Reboot time
09-10-2003, 05:23 PM #11
I dont understand why you dont BRING THE SHAKE WITH YOU.
09-10-2003, 05:37 PM #12
That is what I meant in my las post. I will get protein in my ASAP on those days (ie meaning I will bring a shake or bar with me).
09-10-2003, 05:39 PM #13
Cool. Try and lean towards the shake it absorbs faster, which is what you need after a workout.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)