Thread: Omega 6

lethalppl is offline Associate Member

Omega 6

I just bought some of this. How does it compare to Flax oil and how much should i take etc. i got it in capsoles which i think might been bad idea because i probably have to take like 5 or 6 at time knowing the level people probably going to say. I remember idea of creatine in capsole did work after i found out amuount i needed ok I quite rambling on

hybrid is offline Member
    Flax oil is mostly Omega 3 oil. The good fats are Omega 3, 6, 9. These are the essential fats that your body does not produce, but needs. That's why you need to supplement with them.
    Typically people get plenty of 6 and 9 throughout the day, but not enough 3.
    Here is a link that explains it better. Udo's oil is a blend if 3, 6 and 9 oils in a 2:1:1 ratio respectively. This is the proper ratio that your body needs of these oils.
    Hope this helps.
    http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/oil_blend.htm
    Also some interesting stuff at this link:
    http://www.udoerasmus.com/FAQ.htm#2_1

Ok i lied it omega 3 not 6. Called Omega-3-fish oil from Twinlabs
    cal 15
    fat 1.5g (sat .5g)
    cholesterol 5mg
    vitamin E 1LU
    EPA 234 mg
    DHA 156mg

so is this anygood i looked at that other stuff maybe when this runs out and what price on that ubo???
    SO any help with why,when take it and etc...

talon is offline Senior Member
    Omega 3 (linolenic) and Omega 6 (linoleic) fatty acids are essential fatty acids, meaning they are not made, naturally, by the body. These fatty acids are formed from tryglycerides by attaching to a gylcerol molecule. Omega 6 acids belong to the cicosenoids group of fatty acids. These (6) are used in the defense systems of the body. A cool fact is thats how asprin works, it regulates the amount of Omega 6 in the body. Omega 3 acids belong the arachodonic group of fatty acids. These fatty acids (3) help in the relaxation and contraction of muscles. They are also responsible for a healthy heart. Hope this helps.....
    Last edited by talon; 09-10-2003 at 03:51 PM.

hybrid is offline Member
    The only bad thing about taking gel caps is that you need to take a ton of them to equal the same as a tablespoon of oil out of a bottle. Ends up being cheaper to just drink the oil'
    The cheapest place that I have found Udo's oil is:
    http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bi...2Fnsearch.html

Just make sure that when you order it it is cool outside. The oil doesn't like heat and sitting in the back of a ups truck for a few days probably isn't good for it. This place keeps it refridgerated as should you when you get it. Remember to by the bottle of the liquid Flora Udo's Choice, not the capsules.

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    The only bad thing about taking gel caps is that you need to take a ton of them to equal the same as a tablespoon of oil out of a bottle. Ends up being cheaper to just drink the oil'
    The cheapest place that I have found Udo's oil is:
    http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bi...2Fnsearch.html

Just make sure that when you order it it is cool outside. The oil doesn't like heat and sitting in the back of a ups truck for a few days probably isn't good for it. This place keeps it refridgerated as should you when you get it. Remember to by the bottle of the liquid Flora Udo's Choice, not the capsules.
    Ok so how many should u take of in capsules and when should u take it. I understand not in morning. I know u supposed to take right before bed. I look into order some just short on cash right now getting ready to buy a house so got to save as much as possible. I like to use bottle i already have so lets start with ther. thx

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    6 1 gram capsules taken daily in divided doses have been shown to lower body fat and improve vascular health. Omega-3s also paly an anti-inflamatory role, improving skin and hair. Personally, I just take them all at once in the morning.

Dr. Perricone is a huge proponent of these oils, his site has a lot of info:
    http://www.nvperriconemd.com/

ok guys i know this another question

[QUOTE=MMC78]6 1 gram capsules taken daily in divided doses have been shown to lower body fat and improve vascular health. Omega-3s also paly an anti-inflamatory role, improving skin and hair. Personally, I just take them all at once in the morning.

How does it improve vascular health? I always heard this but wanted to know why. Thx

Thread Information