Thread: Arnolds Book

Breetai is offline Associate Member

Arnolds Book

im sitting here and reading arnolds book. he says that its enough to eat 60-100g carbs/ed and 1g prot/kg each day.. and take vitamin supplements.. from what i know is that to low.. what do u guys think?

and he says that he eat like this
    prot 15%
    carbs 55%
    fat 30%

and he walked aorund with 3% body fat year around..

and hes workout was like this.

Monday
    Morning
    Chest
    Back
    Evening
    Legs
    Calves
    Abs

Tuesday
    Morning
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Biceps
    Evening
    Forearms
    Calves
    Abs

Wednesday
    Morning
    Chest
    Back
    Evening
    Legs
    Calves
    Abs

Thursday
    Morning
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Biceps
    Evening
    Forearms
    Calves
    Abs

Friday
    Morning
    Chest
    Back
    Evening
    Legs
    Calves
    Abs

Saturday
    Morning
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Biceps
    Evening
    Forearms
    Calves
    Abs

Sunday
    REST!

i dont get it, how can i become so big?

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    First part of your question, "its enough to eat 60-100g carbs/ed and 1g prot/kg each day.. and take vitamin supplements.. from what i know is that to low.. what do u guys think?"

It really depends on you. Most people don't realize that suggested daily allowences and the sort are based on averages. Some people absorb things easier than others. That's why some people can eat and eat and eat and not gain weight, some people have a problem with their digestive tract that keeps them from absorbing nutrients from food. There are some people that absorb too much from their food and that's why there are some people that can only eat a little and still put on weight. Most people fall in the middle someplace. So the answer to that first part is, yes, it can be enough, it really depends on your body and your activity level.

Second part of your question, "how can i become so big?"

That really depends on your body, once again. You may not be able to get that big. You can do everything exactly the same way that Arnold did, and unless you're his identical twin or a clone, you're not going to get the exact same results as he did. Genetics play a huge role in how big you can get. Even with steroids and growth hormons, you're still bound by your genetics. You have to get to know your body, how it reacts to working out and how it responds to food and suppliments. A good indication of your potential is to look at your basic bone structure. Are you tall with narrow shoulders? Are you average height with wide shoulders? etc. etc.

Don't set unrealistic goals, because you will be disapointed and be more likely to quit. I suggest trying to get the same size as someone that's just a little bit bigger then you. When you get as big as that person, then shoot for someone a little larger. Once again, it really depends on you. Some people may be able to stay more focused by just imagining a figure that's impossible, like a comic book character or something.

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    Is that the Arnold Encyclopedia ?

Quote Originally Posted by mcnst01
    Is that the Arnold Encyclopedia ?
    its written in the 80's "Arnolds bodybuilding for men"

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    First part of your question, "its enough to eat 60-100g carbs/ed and 1g prot/kg each day.. and take vitamin supplements.. from what i know is that to low.. what do u guys think?"

It really depends on you. Most people don't realize that suggested daily allowences and the sort are based on averages. Some people absorb things easier than others. That's why some people can eat and eat and eat and not gain weight, some people have a problem with their digestive tract that keeps them from absorbing nutrients from food. There are some people that absorb too much from their food and that's why there are some people that can only eat a little and still put on weight. Most people fall in the middle someplace. So the answer to that first part is, yes, it can be enough, it really depends on your body and your activity level.

Second part of your question, "how can i become so big?"

That really depends on your body, once again. You may not be able to get that big. You can do everything exactly the same way that Arnold did, and unless you're his identical twin or a clone, you're not going to get the exact same results as he did. Genetics play a huge role in how big you can get. Even with steroids and growth hormons, you're still bound by your genetics. You have to get to know your body, how it reacts to working out and how it responds to food and suppliments. A good indication of your potential is to look at your basic bone structure. Are you tall with narrow shoulders? Are you average height with wide shoulders? etc. etc.

Don't set unrealistic goals, because you will be disapointed and be more likely to quit. I suggest trying to get the same size as someone that's just a little bit bigger then you. When you get as big as that person, then shoot for someone a little larger. Once again, it really depends on you. Some people may be able to stay more focused by just imagining a figure that's impossible, like a comic book character or something.
    yes.. tnx for your answers.. but for me it sounds like hes not from this planet with so good genetics j/k

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    don't forget about Arnold's steady diet of Dbol .

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by Breetai
    its written in the 80's "Arnolds bodybuilding for men"

Yes, it was written in the 80's Go figure Lots of things have come to light diet wise since then. Even the reissue doesn't have jack on the cutting edge science we have here at AR.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i have that book, and to tell u the truth ive been let down by it, i have a few other books which provide alot more detail, his are low for today, this science always grows and changes, 2 years ago, u need 400-600gm of protein, now u only need around your bodyweight. so id stick with what is news for today, so you bodyweihgt plus prolly 50gm of protein, and if u go by todays standerds. arnold as great as he was, woudlnt get a procard. he is the man, but thats just the sad fact

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    i have that book, and to tell u the truth ive been let down by it, i have a few other books which provide alot more detail, his are low for today, this science always grows and changes, 2 years ago, u need 400-600gm of protein, now u only need around your bodyweight. so id stick with what is news for today, so you bodyweihgt plus prolly 50gm of protein, and if u go by todays standerds. arnold as great as he was, woudlnt get a procard. he is the man, but thats just the sad fact

he would have gotten a pro card!? He is disputably the best of all time, including today's lifters. His science is off, but still...

cb25 is offline Banned
    Science (especially math) is way off, if this post is accurate:

100g/carbs ed = 400 calories = 55% of your total daily intake...that means you're only consuming 727 calories per day...

maybe he meant 60-100g carbs/meal??

fuxuup is offline New Member
    I agree with rambo arnold is the shit , the best of all time.
    as far as the book goes he has a newer one
    the other one is outdated the new one is the encyclopedia
    of modern bodybuilding. I think his science was off
    compared to todays standards but I worked for him
    and blew everybody else off the stage.
    the diet was meant to be 60-100 grams of carbs a meal.
    you can't really follow his plan because of his genetics
    during contests he trained each bodypart 2-3 times
    a week and also trained 2 times a day for hours
    if you tried to train like that without a good arsenel
    of drugs you would be quickly over trained.

hope that clears it up for you dude

Thread Information