Ambulance is offline Member

Diet Help For FORMER vegetarian

hey bros, I'm new to this forum, usually keep to the anabolics forum.

Heres my rap, I'm 20 years old...from a slow metabolism family where the majorty of us and all our relatives suffer from obesity. Some of us have tried to loose it, but I am the only successfull one to loose a good amount of weight. I was 253 in high school, and came down to 180lbs with cario, eca, and lots of aqua. When I went vegetarian shortly after (not to loose weight but just a moral decision) I gained about 15 pounds back due to my increased carbs I replaced meat with since I could not afford the proper meat subsitutes. 2 weeks ago I began my first cycle of the gear, and I decided I want to get the most of this gear... and as of 2 days ago I ate my first peice of chicken in 2 years. I now eat all white meats, everything but read meat. The sole purpose of my cycle is to cut a load of the remaining bodyfat and put on some quality LEAN muscle and hopefully get closer to my goal of a 6-pack.

Heres the suppliments I have, and the food I have access too... please help me design a good diet to shred some serious body fat while adding clean, lean muscle mass on my cycle

Whey protein, flax seed oil, eggs, chicken breast, vegetables.

The only "tools" I have is the george forman grill and a blender, no steamer or anything fancy... im on a poor mans income (my own) lol

If someone could help me devise a great diet for eating, keeping in mind I dont eat red meat or fish *yet* that would be incredible. I need something to get this slow ass metabolism of mine going. If you could tell me how to factor in the flaxseed oil that would be great too.

My cycle is listed below in my signature....

THANKS!!

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambulance1984
    hey bros, I'm new to this forum, usually keep to the anabolics forum.

Heres my rap, I'm 20 years old...from a slow metabolism family where the majorty of us and all our relatives suffer from obesity. Some of us have tried to loose it, but I am the only successfull one to loose a good amount of weight. I was 253 in high school, and came down to 180lbs with cario, eca, and lots of aqua. When I went vegetarian shortly after (not to loose weight but just a moral decision) I gained about 15 pounds back due to my increased carbs I replaced meat with since I could not afford the proper meat subsitutes. 2 weeks ago I began my first cycle of the gear, and I decided I want to get the most of this gear... and as of 2 days ago I ate my first peice of chicken in 2 years. I now eat all white meats, everything but read meat. The sole purpose of my cycle is to cut a load of the remaining bodyfat and put on some quality LEAN muscle and hopefully get closer to my goal of a 6-pack.

Heres the suppliments I have, and the food I have access too... please help me design a good diet to shred some serious body fat while adding clean, lean muscle mass on my cycle

Whey protein, flax seed oil, eggs, chicken breast, vegetables.

The only "tools" I have is the george forman grill and a blender, no steamer or anything fancy... im on a poor mans income (my own) lol

If someone could help me devise a great diet for eating, keeping in mind I dont eat red meat or fish *yet* that would be incredible. I need something to get this slow ass metabolism of mine going. If you could tell me how to factor in the flaxseed oil that would be great too.

My cycle is listed below in my signature....

THANKS!!

You've pretty much stumped me with this one. The diet restrictions do make it harder. I believe that fish has more protein than chicken, so if you're going to pick one thing to cheat with, I would say fish should be it. But with sticking to the vegetarian thing, I believe it's beans, but I don't remember what kind of beans that have a high protein content.

Make sure you incorporate cardio into every workout, that'll help keep the fat off. Also try to stay away from too much carbs. High carbs is okay, but not too much. They make your body secrete insulin (which is good right after a workout, but bad for your pancrease and will cause any glucose in your system to head streight for your fat cells).

You also need to make sure you take in all of your amino acids. Red meat is the answer for most people, but you can get amino acid suppliments. I believe that greens tend to have a good amount of amino's but I can't think of anything off of the top of my head that beats red meat.

And steaming vegetables is way better than boiling them. You keep so much more of the nutrients. You don't even need a steamer. If you have a large pot and a metal spaghetti strainer, you can improvise a steamer by putting some water in a pot, put the vegies in the strainer, sit the strainer on top of the pot. Put a cover on top of the vegies (everything doesn't even have to fit tight). And boil the water. Home made steamer.

If you stay with the vegetarian diet and stay away from simple sugars, and soda you shouldn't have any problem with sheading fat, it's just a matter of making sure your body has the building blocks to form new muscle.

You may want to consult with a doctor or a dietician on what foods are best for you to get protein and aminos. Maybe even surf the net for vegetarian meals.

Good luck.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    First off i want to commend you for having the foresight to come back from the dark side (vegetarianism). You seem to be knowledgeable enough to know that great physiques aren't borne of alfalfa. White meat and egg whites are excellent protein sources and make up the bulk of most lifters diets. Don't be terrified of red meats, as DBarcelo stated they contain essential aminos that are extremely beneficial, e.g carnitine, etc. Which actually aid in the mobilization of lipids. There are numerous types of fish that are still considered light. White albacore and others definitely will do you right. As far as your veggies go, remember to keep them fibrous, and low glycemic. Avoid carrots, and stick to the darker legumes and such. You've got the right idea by coming back to normal human consumption, just take a look around the board a bit and you'll see some great dieting examples. Much luck,
    Rambo

My problem I guess is that my mindset and my body physically is not ready for red meat yet. I recently introduced chicken back into my body a few days ago and it handled it ok, but its getting easier.

I heard chicken breast was the best source of protein for a cutting diet.

Are there any good diets on this board that dont inolve red meats.. just chicken, fish, veggies and such?

I dont really consider myself vegi anymore, although theres plenty of people running around eating every meat but red meat who consider themselves vegi; I dont.

I havent been able to find any good cutting diets on the board that dont have red meat in them. thanks bros!

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Diet is just a very personal thing. It will take lots of trial&error to figure out what works the best for you.

One of the big things on your low carb days, is just getting enough fat in. Usually most of my fat will come from flaxseed oil, but i also have fish for the bulk of my meals because there's good fats in there too. I also like to have a yolk or two in the morning as another source, and have a lil lean red meat in the afternoon as another source.

I'm an endomorph too, so i definitely feel ya. You really don't need much red meat at all, but i do think just a lil bit can be beneficial on your low carb days.

As far as fish goes, i think its very important, and it is definitely better then chicken under these circumstances. Several of the pro's will eat nothing but fish when dieting.

If you really, really want to get a 6 pack, it will definitely take lots of trial&error, you're just going to have to fuck around with all the variables. Eventually, you'll be so frustrated you won't have a problem eating anything.

update

cant find a solid diet that works for me.

so this isnt the best but this is basically what im doing...only protein, nothing else aside from daily vitamins. Every 2 hours a chicken breast or can of tuna or protein shake, more real food then shakes.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Hey bro that sounds like my diet Don't sweat it

Thread Information