ExtremeBB is offline New Member

All experienced bodybuilders please read.

Hey, okay I'm a member at abcbodybuilding.com and it's great there, however....Everytime I ask for diet help, they mainly say somthing like figure it out or self etc. The thing is i've tried many many diets, and they all have either foods I can't stand or are for people that wiegh liek 50 ponds more then me. Sure I could scale it down to ratios that fit what I need, but thats another problem. I am the worst ever at math. So hopefully someone here will be able to help me make a set diet that will be easy to stick to.

My wieght is 150 pounds ( havnt changed at all in my 2 years of training, except I look bigger, and prob. lost some excess fat. And I'm 5"9.

My body fat im not sure of, somewhere between 12-14%

My goal is to put on some quality mass, with as minimal fat gain as possible. (I'm aware theres no way to build muscle without some fat, so thats all good...)

Foods that I like and always have allot of are:

Chicken, turkey, pasta, bread, tommatto sauce, string cheese (monzerella) bannanas, strawberries, rice, chicken noodle soup, yogurt, peanut butter, tons of protein bars (mainly balance gold bars, somtimes promax) pretzels, wafles, ceral, skim milk, and oatmeal....

IF someone could put together a 6-8 meal plan, with all the right fats, carbs, protein, and the right timing, etc, I would appriciate it greatly. Its not that I havnt spent time trying to figure out my own diet, because I have. Its just once again I'm horrible at math, and would like to know that people with much more knowledge then me made it.

Also supplements that I take are as follows:
    Vit. c
    Glutamine
    Creatine
    Multi- vitamin
    and of course whey protein
    So if you could incorperate these into the diet i would appriciate it, thanks....

Also I kno that messing with hormones at this age is an extremly bad thing to do, I thought about steroids at a time..However after reading a poem by a person named madmax I believe( sorry if i got the name wrong, i read it ahwile ago.) i decided not to untill and older age. But a bodybuilder at my gym recomened 1-test because it doesnt convert into estrogen, and wont cause and growth plate closure, or any problems...Is this true, should I try it. My training has been sound for along time now, along with eating lots of good food. I would just like to make some progress, so let me kno if you think thats a good idea also...Thanks everyone for your time, seeya.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Messing with steroids or prohormones are both no good for you at any age, but especially bad for a teenager.

As far as the diet, if you need something that specific, we need to know how often you workout and what time of day you prefer to workout.

ExtremeBB is offline New Member
    hey thanks for the reply, i workout 5 days a week. no more then an hour each sesion, around 730 i start my workout. thanks

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I asume you mean 7:30pm and not am.

In the morning, you can eat 4 waffles, and some skim milk. If you have a large apetite, you can have a bowl of cereal also. But the waffles and milk will give you over 400 calories in the morning. I put a slice of cheese between my waffles for some extra calories, but cheese isn't the best thing in the world for your system.

Take your multi-vitamin and vitamin C right after breakfast. Be very careful with the vitamin C. You are supposed to work your way up to the normal dosage and then work your way down to nothing when you come off of it. Vitamin C is a very good anti-oxident and cleans your system out very well, but it can damage your liver. I forgot the name of the micro-system in the liver (the SOMETHING loop). The chemicals that your liver uses to pull the garbage out of your system, clash with the vitamin C and can cause cloging of the loop and in extreem cases, partial liver paralysis. I personally don't suppliment Vitamin C unless I'm sick.

Between breakfast and lunch, you can either eat a small meal such as chicken or pasta with sauce (that should give you another 400 calories), or you can drink your whey protein shake, which will give you another couple hundred calories. But DO NOT drink the whey protein with a meal, only drink it between meals. The protein and aminos in most protein shakes is enough to cause a sugnificant insulin spike and whatever you eat with it will almost automatically start to be stored in your body as fat. You should also take the glutamine between meals (it doesn't really matter between which ones, but probably better after dinner).

Lunch time, eat chicken breast, or turkey sandwich with letuce. That should give you another 300 calories or so.

At around 4pm, you should eat a snack, such as yogert and strawberries and that should give you another 100 calories.

Between 6:30 and 7pm you should eat some oatmeal.

Just before you workout, eat a protein bar, so your body has protein in it to help your muscles recover while you're working out.

Workout, and drink plenty of water while you're working out (I prefer Gatorade).

Right after you work out, take your creatine.

Eat something else high in protein about an hour after you workout, such as chicken, tuna, steak. That would be your dinner.

2-3 hours after that, drink another protein shake or eat another protein bar. You need the most protein in the few hours following a workout, which will aid in muscle recovery, but remember that your body can only absorb less than 30grams of protein at one time, so drinking a suppliment with 60 grams of protein per serving is really a waste.

Just before bed, eat one or two bananas. Doctors don't really understand why, but eating bananas at night tend to cause weight gain.

Throu the entire day, make sure you drink plenty of water. Avoid sodas.

The outline will only give you about 2000 to 2500 calories. Since you want to minamize body fat, I suggest slowly increasing the amount that you eat per meal. You want to eat enough to be able to put on weight, but after a certain point, you will see your most sensative body part start to get pudgy. For most men, that body part is the stomach. Don't worry so much about calories, and doing the math, but just focus on how much you can eat per day without getting fat.

Also, mix the foods up. Just because I say to eat 4 waffles for breakfast doesn't mean you have to actually eat 4 waffles for breakfast every morning for the rest of your life. Being that strick with your diet tends to turn most people off. You can eat a few eggs one day, some french toast another day, etc. But it should be about equal to 4 waffles. If you have a good apetite, and your body can handle more food without getting fat, then move up to 6 waffles for breakfast (or the equivalent).

I hope that answers all of your questions.
    Good luck.

mstearns76 is offline Junior Member
    Also check out T-mag.com for some diet. It's a great place to get some professional fitness writers/coaches to help you out. It's also a great place for someone who is young and starting out in bodybuilding.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    dbarcelo i think its the loop of Henle. Not that it even remotely matters

Thread Information