BrownBomber is offline Member

Merc. Poisoning from Tuna!!!!!!

I've been eating 5-6 cans of Tuna every single day for the past year. And for the past few months Ive been feeling like pure shit. Depressed, tired, slight hair loss, etc. Which are all signs of Merc Posng. And Im 95% sure tha Tuna is the problem. My problem is what to eat in place of Tuna or fish in general. I can only take down so many chicken breast, eggs, meat, etc. With Tuna it was so easy (nasty as hell too, but easy) just open the can and enjoy.....well maybe not enjoy just chew and swallow. ANd the best thing was the price .39 a can is damn good fellas. I can't afford to buy all the protein in the form of chicken as a college student. So I was thinking of using protein powder in place of this. I know that real food is ALWAYS better to take in throughout the day besides for a PW meal BUT if I used egg protein or milk protein powder would this be considered a "real food?"

Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    This looks familiar, LOL....

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    Just wanna hear everybody's opinion

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    Just wanna hear everybody's opinion

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Canned tuna is not a problem. Eat all you want. Limit tuna steaks to 1 or 2 per week.

There are other threads on this showing the documetation of mercury levels of canned vs. steaks.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Canned tuna is not a problem. Eat all you want. Limit tuna steaks to 1 or 2 per week.

There are other threads on this showing the documetation of mercury levels of canned vs. steaks.
    he's eating at least 30 and at most 42 cans a week. That's a lot more than what was discussed in the other threads, which was around 10-15 cans a week. His intake, around 1500-2000 cans a year, is very high. You can get your blood tested for mercury, and i would suggest doing so asap. Mercury poisoning is a serious issue.

I would suggest instead of tuna move yourself onto eggs.. eat a ratio of like 4-5 whites to a yolk so you don't have to worry too much about cholesterol.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Good point. Try to see what canned salmon goes for and substitute it for some of your tuna. It is very low in mercury and has tons of protien and good fats

hybrid is offline Member
    If you are eating 5-6 cans of tuna a day, you are getting tons of sodium as well.

fyerstarter is offline New Member
    I buy the frozen bags of generic brand chicken breasts from Walmart. They cost about $7.50 for 7 chicken breasts. 1/2 a breast (3oz) is about equal to a can of tuna in protein content, and only cost approx 50 cents.

alpineslide is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    If you are eating 5-6 cans of tuna a day, you are getting tons of sodium as well.
    Tuna does have a lot of sodium in it but the Walmart brand ( Great Value ) has about half the sodium that Starkist or Chicken of the Sea has.

decadbal is offline Banned
    from everything ive read an adults liver will remove any merc from your system, but i woudlnt eat so much, your breath gotta be crap dog, i eat 2 a day and have to brush my teeth like 4 times aday, lol..... it sucks to have our goals, but id worry when i started gettin hairloss...lol good luck, hope all is good for ya

Thread Information