someday is offline Member

Can man live on TUNA alone........

alright i seem to have found myself in a little financial grief....mainly the fact that i have about 18 dollars to my name right now........now i have a job and shit but most of my money willbe taken by bills and such...heres the question.....if a guy was to buy say......100 cans of tuna and like a tub of oats and maybe some vegis now and then how would the diet turn out. I'm gonna be a poor bastard the next two weeks and im mid cycle i mean is there any reason beside taste to eat chicken etc......man if it wasn't for the poon ihavent been getting or the beer i haven't been drinking college would suck......oh wait this sucks.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I would not make tuna the backbone of my diet. Do you live in a dorm? Do you have access to a kitchen?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    You'll be fine. Just get enough fiber. Good lord, get enough fiber. EAT FIBER.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I would never make tuna my main food source. Hell eggs are better and cheaper than tuna. There are ways around financial stress with buying food, trust me, been there, done that. I would buy some ground chuck, tuna, eggs, a bag of rice and oats and that's what I'd live off of for a month. Felt like shyte most of the time but managed to not lose any weight or strength. Thank god I don't have to go through that anymore.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Eggs make me gassy. Others suffer when i eat a lot of eggs.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    your going to be smelling like fish more than usewel bro. allso the mercury level would prob be high

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Eggs, oatmeal and tuna until you can eat properly.

solidj55 is offline Member
    This is no lie, I lived mainly off of tuna for over a year. I had a protein shake for breakfast, 3 cans of tuna per day(1can every 2 hours throughout my day at work)each with a baked potatoe, a protein shake post workout, and a can of tuna with 1/2 cup rice for dinner. I got lean and strong.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Can man live on tuna alone? Hhmmmmmmm
    Only under certain conditions.
    1st - only if you live alone, useually family memebers will be the first to break specific trends that we fine ourselves in.

2nd - DO you have any type of cook books lying around. Now this is not a necesiity but either that or the reciepe section of AR can keep the bordom out of any diet.
    3rd- Allow yourself at least 1 meal a week if possible to change this up.

If this is going to be you basic diet for awhile you really need to try and find a multiple type of vitamin in which will supplement any nutritional requirements that you will be missing on a specific diet such as this. Rememeber, although this may be low in fat, calories ect, your body will still suffer do to the lack of this.

Good luck, and remeber tough times do not last however tough people do!
    IC
    Last edited by Tobey; 10-05-2003 at 06:41 AM.

Thread Information