Thread: Dextrose

Tuggy is offline Associate Member

Dextrose

Is the New Orleans area just still in the dark ages or does anybody know where you can buy plain ol' dextrose. A friend of mine and I have called all the health food stores and looked in many, many regular food stores and no one seems to carry it.

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuggy
    Is the New Orleans area just still in the dark ages or does anybody know where you can buy plain ol' dextrose. A friend of mine and I have called all the health food stores and looked in many, many regular food stores and no one seems to carry it.
    Dextrose is more commonly called Glucose. Pharmacies are your best bet. Got a walgreens around? They carry it. It's called Insta-Glucose. It's a gel suspension based glucose mixture. If you want, you can order it online.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...5&CATID=100135

They also have glucose tablets if you want that too.

Quote Originally Posted by navydevildoc
    Dextrose is more commonly called Glucose. Pharmacies are your best bet. Got a walgreens around? They carry it. It's called Insta-Glucose. It's a gel suspension based glucose mixture. If you want, you can order it online.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...5&CATID=100135

They also have glucose tablets if you want that too.
    I am talking about the 2 or 5 lb bags for making post workout shakes, not the kind for diabetics. That is much too small. Thanks though.

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuggy
    I am talking about the 2 or 5 lb bags for making post workout shakes, not the kind for diabetics. That is much too small. Thanks though.
    Ahhh... OK.... check out places that sell supplies for microbreweries and the like. Dextrose (they might call it corn sugar) is critical to making a lot of different kinds of beers.

Quote Originally Posted by navydevildoc
    Ahhh... OK.... check out places that sell supplies for microbreweries and the like. Dextrose (they might call it corn sugar) is critical to making a lot of different kinds of beers.
    Excellent choice, I didn't even think of that. Thabks alot, I'll check today.

bswowl is offline New Member
    try supplementsdirect.com

Thread Information