Thread: Brown Rice

Flaco is offline Associate Member

Brown Rice

I simply cannot stand the taste of brown rice.Its just too plain.Anybody know any ways to make brown rice taste less like ass...

xenithon is offline Member
    spices honestly, i also used to hate it. now i try use different spice blends everytime - cumin, coriander, curry powder, turmeric, allspice, clove etc.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Stir fry it with some olive oil, soy sauce and veggies. Add your chicken, beef or egg whites and there you go. Give it a try.

Flaco is offline Associate Member
    Thanks fellas ill make sure to try those out..

Farmer is offline Member
    When you guys have your brown rice is it crunchy in a way??? I cooked mine and it was kinda crunchy, I cooked it for long enough. Also, is brown rice not sticky like white rice and others??? I tried mine and its almost like its hard and doesnt stick together

thanks

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I eat mine with chicken and salsa. Or some shrimp cooked in a lot of seasoning.

mrdraco is offline Junior Member
    Farmer

Your brown rice shouldn't be crunchy. If you cooked it long enough, maybe you burnt off too much water, try lower heat.

I use a Lundberg Quick Brown Rice, which is a long grain brown rice that cooks in 15min. I get it at Whole Foods Market.

I sometimes add chicken broth to my rice when cooking. Gives it a little more flavor.

Farmer is offline Member
    cool, I will try it with more water and less heat, and that chicken broth sounds like a good idea.

thanks

nuke is offline Member
    Try some lite teriyaki sauce or light soy..Just a little wath the sodium..( Water retention)

mekler is offline Associate Member
    i cook half a cup of brown rice, mix in about 10 oz of canned chicken breast, and then load up on the hottest hot sauce i can find. i'm sweatin by the time i'm done eating.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I use bouloun <`~(spelling)cubes, either chicken or beef, just remember it adds more salt

bouillon it's french

I agree, brown rice cooked aldenté (ie: not mushy, still has a bit of a crunch to it) is good with a ton of small shrimp (good protein!) and a megaton of garlic!

yum!

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    I have the same problem when I cook brown rice, I never can get it to have the right softness. Half the time it comes out too fucking hard or to soft and then it sticks all over the pot and is a pain in the ass to clean and get out.

D.L. is offline Junior Member
    chili and garlic! just can't get enough!

eggplant is offline Member
    i guess ur brown rice wasn't fully cooked yet..brown rice is different from regular white rice..besides the glycemic index..brown rice is far more harder. Thus, u need to cook it longer..watch the fire and keep it low. whenever the water dries up..add in some more..till the rice is soft and tender..

peace,
    eggplant

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I gotta better idea.... boil brown rice in water.... when finished and u start eating, dont even think about smelling it just put it ur mouth and swollow, no smell, no taste no problems lol

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    and yes i totally agree with eggplant, brown rice is a bit diff to regular white rice it does take longer to cook, and it is a lot harder. like he said just keep an eye on the stove and keep adding water till it gets 2 da softness u want it 2 b.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I gotta better idea.... boil brown rice in water.... when finished and u start eating, dont even think about smelling it just put it ur mouth and swollow, no smell, no taste no problems lol
    my little asian gf soaks my brown rice over night in a bowl and then steams it for me. Tast good like that. they def no how to do rice lol
    mix in salsa and chicken and there you have it

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I prefer white rice over brown when it comes to flavor, my body tolerates it to so I use it instead of brown rice.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Basmanti (sp) brown or white rice all the way for me, of course that is when I can have it. Man I miss having my rice.

Chicken both and one table spoon of butter. Cook it for twenty minutes (Med. low heat) then turn the burner off and DO NOT touch the lid for fifteen more minutes...........it'll be perfect.

Thread Information