Thread: Hows my diet?

FireFighter is offline Associate Member

Question Hows my diet?

Whats up fellas,

I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my diet.. Im trying to cut up. I've lost 14 lbs in about 4 weeks.. I wanna lose like 15-20 more. Right now Im 225 not sure with bf% but i think if i lose 15-20lbs more i'll look really good... Mostly the fat is on my lower abs and oblique area. If you guys can look at this and maybe clean it up if it has to be. I also changed my work out routine. Im doing higher reps 12-15 with 60seconds rest between sets. a lot of guys say just lift as heavy while you're cutting.. I would but i need to change my routine a bit.. I've never done high reps and little rest before, so hopefully that will be good too.. the only this is i feel like a wuss in the gym, cuz that little rest kills you for your strength. anyways heres the diet:

The main concept of the diet is not to combine fat with carbs during ANY meal
    although things like cheese will have miniscule amounts of carbs so dont worry ( 5 grams isnt gonna kill ya but 10 and up will start fuckin with the hormones )
    On workout days:

your pre workout meal will consist of about 40 grams of fructose. two bananas or one banana and a smaller fruit

your post workout meal will consist of 65-80grams of dextrose and 40 grams of protein powder.

then 1 hour and a half after workout 100 grams of carbs (more complex like pasta) with 40 grams of protein

other 4 meals will consist of 50 grams protein and 15 grams healthy fat

On non workout days:

6 meals total 4 of them consisting of 50 grams protein 15 grams fats
    and the other 2 (usually dinner and breakfast) can have 30 grams protein and about 50 grams of carbs from veggies, salads, fruits or 25 from salads, veggies and fruits and 25 from starches like oatmeal, bread or pasta.

I also get my cardio done about 6 times a week, through kick boxing and jui jitsu, also run 2 a week and do cross trainer 2 a week both for 30 minutes .. Im doing alot because Im trying to get in great shape for firefighting.. I have to do very well on my V02 test and I don't need that much bf on me, i have to carry and extra 70lbs in my gear.. so please help out a brother!

12 views and no responces.. comón guys gimme somethin!

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Well, personally i don't even eat that many carbs in the offseason, but i'm an endo.

If it were me, i would sub the pre workout meal for a protein shake instead.

I would add another 10g protein to your pwo shake.

For your PWO meal, i would cut the carbs in half and double the protein.

Since you're dieting, i'd add another 2 meals, even if they're just protein shakes/bars.

Then i'd probably add in a cheat meal once a week or even a whole day depending on the person.

Really just modest suggestions, can't really give you any specific advice since i don't know you.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    From a glance, carb intake looks high and timing looks off.

I personally limit my carbs to breakfast, pwo, and p-pwo when cutting. Anything more just turns to fat for me.

Most importantly, concentrate on your protein intake (at least 1.5 x bw) to avoid catabolism. The fat will fall off with proper diet and cardio but remember the hard part is retaining muscle-therefore keep protein high and well have some supplements at hand. Good luck,

~US~

Yung Wun is offline Member
    hey firefighter havent seen u in a while brotha

ur prewo get sum protein in there. ur carb intake i'd say is a bit high. i'd throw in a bit more protein in that postwo shake.the first meal after that i'd slash sum carbs out maybe hit it to 75g
    bodybuilding fitness forums hype muscle bodybuilders
    Last edited by Yung Wun; 08-08-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Hey bros thanks for the replies!

So how much protein should i toss in there for the pre work out meal?? also where should i drop the carbs, how many grams should i have the meals i have carbs? Im also training really hard with fighting and i have my fire fitness test too, so i need some good energy... but i still wanna cut up.

Hows it hangin Yung... I know long time no talk, just busy with school and fighting, but everything is going well.. I hope things are going well for you too!

Thanks Gents,
    FF

Thread Information