katton is offline New Member

Anybody bulk while eating like a human?

I need to gain weight but i can't afford to eat like a starving elephant. I eat like most people i know eat. Breakfast-bowl of cereal, Lunch- sandwich and chips, Dinner-Mac and cheese and a hotdog.

I know this only comes out to about 1000 calories but i can't afford to much more. Any suggestions?

Katton

BDTR is offline Retired
    Get a job.

katton is offline New Member
    I have a job but i have rent,car payment, insurance(car,health), girlfriend and social life.

Katton

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    do you eat out a lot? if so then stop. learn to cook. thats what helped me alot. Buy ingredients in mass quantaties which is cheap as hell, and cook full meals for yourself. make sure you get your protein. eat snacks in between meals. man you can eat tuna which has loads of protein and its cheap too. I get 10 cans for about 5 dollars. Just write out a budget, see what you can afford to do less or or buy less of, and spend it on food. You have to love doing this, I'd sacrifice going to a club or something so I could eat a few full meals...but I dont like clubbin that much...you get the pic tho good luck

BDTR is offline Retired
    I was being sarcastic but seriously... 1000 cals a day? Your body can hardly maintain on that, nevermind grow. You need 6-7 high protien meals a day along with complex carbs and healthy fats. There's no getting around it.

Quote Originally Posted by katton
    I have a job but i have rent,car payment, insurance(car,health), girlfriend and social life.

Katton

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I guess I am not a human.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    bdtr, man I love those one liners of yours, too damn funny bro.

Katton, you're going to have to make a budget for yourself and trim the corners to afford the food. Food = growth. Want to grow, then you'll have to eat. Oh and 1000 cals a day, bro even if you weren't lifting weights you need more than that. Cut out the fast food and start eating clean foods. Guarantee you'll feel better and if you cook for yourself, it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

ross3814 is offline Member
    Take what your eating now and triple it. 1000 cals is not even human. well human over 11 years old. i understand that it is difficult to afford it sometimes also difficult to find time, but you gotta eaat way fuckin more than that dude. Good cheap BBing foods... peanut butter, tuna, eggs, canned salmon, even chicken is pretty cheap. precook meals at night or when you got free time, and bring food with you everywhere you go in one of those tiny coolers. eat every two hours to keep a positive nitrogen balance as well, and you will grow. promise. when i was in high school i lifted every day, and was still a puny 140 lbs, i had a good cut but puny. then i did some research and started realizing how important calories and protein was and started eating more. put on 25 lbs in two years, and i dont even work out my legs. im still small but i'll get there.

Pump_30 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katton

Katton
    Drop the G/F......that will save you a ton of cash and stop spending money on beer.

decadbal is offline Banned
    bro this is not gonna be a shocker and i guess u need to come to this conclusion, the rest of us did, now you will have to, if u really wanna grow, your social life is the gym and chow. fuckin partying and all that, wasteing money on anything you dont need. its that easy, u mentioned social life and GF, if she loves you, then shed love you if yall didnt go out all the time and you could afford to eat mor than an african. all bodybuiders make sacrifices, no matter pro or amatueur. so pic, social life or growing? i chose growing, i hope u do dog. good luck. and dam tuna is hella cheap bro.lol

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    its that easy, u mentioned social life and GF, if she loves you, then shed love you if yall didnt go out all the time and you could afford to eat mor than an african
    lol, I think you meant animal?

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    so pic, social life or growing?
    You can have both, read the boards and you'll realize that. I for one, workout four days a week for no more than an hr a day...so it leaves me plenty of time to do other things. I think I represent the majority on this.

~US~

Danielle is offline Female Member
    well nobody said maintaining this lifestyle was cheap.........it's all about your priorities
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member
    I'm with Danielle, the entire sport is a sacrafice. You are sore, tired, poor and want to quit everyday. The reason why we don't quit is that we....well I'm not sure why, you just can't.

Thread Information