Thread: eat big

blarge is offline New Member

eat big

ive always read that a juicin body builder will sit down and eat a 160z. steak and 4 or 5 baked potatoes and some greens. i thought we could only digest 40grams of protien in 1 or 2 hours, where as a 16oz. steak has over 100 grams of protien. can someone clear this up for me thanks

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by blarge
    ive always read that a juicin body builder will sit down and eat a 160z. steak and 4 or 5 baked potatoes and some greens. i thought we could only digest 40grams of protien in 1 or 2 hours, where as a 16oz. steak has over 100 grams of protien. can someone clear this up for me thanks
    Sure. Just because you are eating it, doesn't mean you have to digest it all. A lot of it is about caloric intake or just being able to satiate their hunger. Nothing hits the spot quite like a big ass steak. Also, don't forget that most accounts of body builders daily regimens are mythological in basis, intended only to impress the reader and intimidate other lifters. Kind of like the ridiculous lee priest interview in which he says the day after a bicep workout, he shaves with a razor attached to a long stick because he cant reach his face. But eating some huge steak portions every once in a while is nothing too out of the ordinary, it happens. Hell, i do it.

c_buz is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Kind of like the ridiculous lee priest interview in which he says the day after a bicep workout, he shaves with a razor attached to a long stick because he cant reach his face.
    I read that too! I wonder if he has an extension for his eating utancils. hehehehe!

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, you can only digest up to 50 grams of protein at one time, but like rambo said, you don't have to digest it just because you eat it. Most people are lucky if they digest half of what they eat.

Thread Information