Thread: need to cut fat

jrbruin57 is offline New Member

need to cut fat

I am an ex college football lineman and i need to cut alot of fat.
    i am 6'5 295 lbs. I have a good muscle base but i would like to get down to around 250 i no longer need the weight and it is hard on my knees with this much weight. what is the msot effective way to cut the fat while not losing all of my muscle mass?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    SwoleGenix!

~SC~

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    There are tonnes of threads lingering around the archieves here at AR on just this topic.

Nuke a great member here on AR had a thread going a while back and he was making amazing results. Click the search button and I am sure you will find a lot of your answers there.

Then put something together and post it back here and we will adjust it to you.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbruin57
    I am an ex college football lineman and i need to cut alot of fat.
    i am 6'5 295 lbs. I have a good muscle base but i would like to get down to around 250 i no longer need the weight and it is hard on my knees with this much weight. what is the msot effective way to cut the fat while not losing all of my muscle mass?
    I know this is a diet forum, but how much cardio are you doing and at what intensity? If you do a lot of cardio at a low intensity (65% of target heart rate) it wount harm you muscle mass much and will promote fat loss.

Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    I know this is a diet forum, but how much cardio are you doing and at what intensity? If you do a lot of cardio at a low intensity (65% of target heart rate) it wount harm you muscle mass much and will promote fat loss.
    Well i just started doing cardio for about 45 minutes in the morning on an empty stomach. I am riding satitonary bike. i am slowly working out my diet to be eating 5-6 meals a day. do you recommend a fat burner? i was also thinking maybe 45 min. before i go to bed.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    you could do it twice a day. i would hold off on a fat burner until you have reached a plateau (sp?).

Well i just started doing cardio for about 45 minutes in the morning on an empty stomach. I am riding satitonary bike. i am slowly working out my diet to be eating 5-6 meals a day. do you recommend a fat burner? i was also thinking maybe 45 min. before i go to bed.
    Personally, I have had really good success with ECA stacks, but due to a lot of negative publicity, ephedrine is hard to come by these days. If you can get it it is effective in speeding up your metabolism, and hence burning calories. Don't mistake this for a cure all, but my experience is that in combination with a good cardio program, which it sounds as though you have started, it can be most effective. Should you go this route, keep the cario up consistently and do the ECA stacks two weeks on two weeks off.

The comercial fat burners, in my opinion are more expensive and not as effective.
    Last edited by beenie; 10-20-2003 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Personally, I have had really good success with ECA stacks, but due to a lot of negative publicity, ephedrine is hard to come by these days. If you can get it it is effective in speeding up your metabolism, and hence burning calories. Don't mistake this for a cure all, but my experience is that in combination with a good cardio program, which it sounds as though you have started, it can be most effective. Should you go this route, keep the cario up consistently and do the ECA stacks two weeks on two weeks off.

The comercial fat burners, in my opinion are more expensive and not as effective.

what are ECA stacks? also i was wondering where you can get fat burners with ephedra now

what are ECA stacks? also i was wondering where you can get fat burners with ephedra now
    You would do ECA stacks INSTEAD of fatburners (ECA stacks actually ARE fat burners). The way I stack is 25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffine, and 325mg asprin. In a cutting phase I will teke three of these a day, one about an hour before lunch, another an hour before dinner, and another an hour before I work out. They: provide energy, surpress appitite, and speed motabolism.

There is a lot of negative press on ephedrine right now, so review the literature carefully before you decide to do this. I have been doing these stack for some time and have not suffered adverse affcts other than feeling a bit wired on occasion.
    Last edited by beenie; 10-21-2003 at 08:54 AM.

Thread Information