xzoomzx is offline Associate Member

Heres my Keto diet is it good?

OK here is my keto diet
    half hour before meal 1-2 dymetradine extremes(eca)
    meal 1-some egg whites ...tabasco sauce ad a protein shae or if i cant have a shake i add turkey to my eggwhites also have 2 methoxy factor pills and 2 cla pills

45 mins before meal 2 2 dymetradine extremes(eca)
    meal 2-3.5 servings of either broccoli,cauliflour, or spinach(thats about 17 grams of carbs)and i add turkey to it

30 mins before meal 3 -1 dymetradine extreme pill
    meal 3- can of tuna 2 cla pills and 2 methoxy factors

post workout-protein shake and 2 methoxy pils

20 or 30 mins after that i eat some chicken broiled with 2 cla pils
    (meal 5)
    how s this diet ? i am about 215 trying to getdown to 170 by juy 4th....will this det get me there?... how long shuld it take me toget in ketotis.....can i go from 215 down to 170 bu july 4th?......please diet xperts please help me add take away from my diet ...and i do cardio 5 tmes a week wheni wake up

can someone please help me with this diet? can i lose all that weight by july 4th?i need to lose 30 or 40 pounds

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Seems okay to me bro.

What protein powder is it? Make sure it's low carbs.

I lost 70 in 6 months through a diet far less extreme than yours so you may make it. Only one way to find out hey...

They recommend you do low carb for 5 1/2 days, and up the carbs for the remaining 1 1/2 days of the week. Experiment to find what is best for you.

Good luck.

def

PS sugar free jelly may help you with the sweet cravings.

Originally posted by enrage
    Hey bro where's the ALA like i recommended? Look i started my keto diet Monday. I'm taking 2.5 grams of ala a day right before my meals and Tuesday night i was already in full ketosis. only took me 2 days to reach ketosis compared to 6-7 without ALA.
    Buy some Flax oil also. Try to get in 4-5 tablespoons of flax oil during the day.
    enrage can u outline when i should take the ala and how much?......and with this diet ....( im gonna do it all 7 days a week no carb up day .......)should i lose at least 30 unds by july 4 its would be about 50 days on the diet ....is my diet enough to lose all that?.........whjats the least i should lose?......and would the fat make me lose more weight or less?if throw it in?.....can u show me where you would put it please?

enrage can u outline when i should take the ala and how much?......and with this diet ....( im gonna do it all 7 days a week no carb up day .......)should i lose at least 30 unds by july 4 its would be about 50 days on the diet ....is my diet enough to lose all that?.........whjats the least i should lose?......and would the fat make me lose more weight or less?if throw it in?.....can u show me when to take it ?before with after meals>?

ok can somoene answer that and this please?.......i am gona go down to abour 5 to 10 carbs a day....will that help me get more cut......and i am looking into keto foods ./..........none of them will knock me out of ketosis will they ?......which foods will?will sugar free polar ice gum? it has 2 carbs and no sugar but it has 2grams of sugar alcohol

beenie is offline Senior Member
    It is POSSIBLE to lose 30-40 lbs in two months but that is VERY aggressive.

If you stick to tat diet it will take you 3 days to go in. Make sure you do lots of cardio every day (like 45 minutes X 6 days pretty high intensity).

My concern with your diet is that its is so strict it will be very hard to stick to and I think you will be hungry all the time. I don't think you will be getting enough protien there to keep much mass either.

One other ting, becuase the diet you describe is so far out of balance, maake sure you are supplementing with HIGH POTENCY multamins (an minerals).

Good luck.

If you stick to tat diet it will take you 3 days to go in. Make sure you do lots of cardio every day (like 45 minutes X 6 days pretty high intensity).

My concern with your diet is that its is so strict it will be very hard to stick to and I think you will be hungry all the time. I don't think you will be getting enough protien there to keep much mass either.

One other ting, becuase the diet you describe is so far out of balance, maake sure you are supplementing with HIGH POTENCY multamins (an minerals).

Good luck.

Also, if you are going to take in 2 grams of carb, why do it with chewing gum? For the same amount of carb, you can have 2 cups of losely packed lettuce. Wouldn't that be a lot more satisfying?

Originally posted by beenie

Good luck.

Also, if you are going to take in 2 grams of carb, why do it with chewing gum? For the same amount of carb, you can have 2 cups of losely packed lettuce. Wouldn't that be a lot more satisfying?

Ok beenie .......if i add like 2 to 4 tablespoons of flax oil...will that help me lose more ?....or if i leave it out will it make me lose more?.....and how much more protein could i eat a day still losing about 30 40 pounds?.......like what foods could i add that will not affect my weightloss at all?.,,,,and if i do 5 days of cardio like 30 mins will that be enough .......3 times will be in the morning on an empty stomach the other 2 will be at random times........please help ......would any other supplements make me lose more weight by july 4th....

ENrage i sent you a pm ( thanks everyone so much for helping me i will help you all wheneva i can just please bear wth all my annoying questions thanks)

Originally posted by xzoomzx

Ok beenie .......if i add like 2 to 4 tablespoons of flax oil...will that help me lose more ?

I really dout that it will have much of an effect. Save your money. Remember, while flax seed oild has benefits it is still a fat, so you don't want excess either.

.....and how much more protein could i eat a day still losing about 30 40 pounds?.......like what foods could i add that will not affect my weightloss at all?

Well for me, I cut out all carbs, ate like a pig keeping it all protien and lost about 50 lbs in 6 months. Its the carbs that make you retain weight, not the protien in my opinion.

.,,,,and if i do 5 days of cardio like 30 mins will that be enough .......3 times will be in the morning on an empty stomach the other 2 will be at random times........please help ......would any other supplements make me lose more weight by july 4th....

The empty stomach thing is based on you eating carbs. The point of it is that if you have no carbs in your system and you do your cardio, your body must look for an alternate energy source, so it converts your fat to energy. If you take in no carbs in the first place, you are alway burning fat, for the same reason. Thats why low carb diets are effective.

I think ECA is the best supplement for cutting, and you are already doing that. Given your goal of 40 lbs in two months I would be doing a lot more than 30 minutes a day cardio. Basicially, what you are doing now is probably healthier, but I am not sure that you can cut 40 lbs in two months with that alone. When I cut the 50 lbs in 6 months I was doing more like 90 minutes 7 days a week, but people are'nt the same, so experiment and see what works.

I really wish you hadn't set your goals as high as you did, because it is going to be very difficult to accomplish. Given your goals, you really have no room to cheat, make a mistake, or let up for even a second, making you chances of coming up short more likely. As a rule its better to make goals that you KNOW you can attain and if you do better: great.

I hope you are able to accomplish these goals, which are not impossible, but it will be very difficult. I really wish you the best of luck in your endevor.
    Last edited by beenie; 05-17-2002 at 04:42 AM.

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Ok zoom,
    I just want to throw in my $.02 cents here to give a different aspect on what your trying to do. I am by no means a diet expert, but I have a lot of experience with dieting.

1. Your asking questions that are really dependent on a lot of things. "How much weight can i lose and how fast?". This is dependent on your metabolism, your sleep schedule, your workouts, when/what you eat. No one can look at your diet and say "if you eat these foods, do this workout, and take these supps you will lose x amount of weight by x date." It just doesn't work that way.

2. I strongly suggest that you have a carb up day at least once every two weeks, if not once a week. This will not slow your progress, IMO, it helps the fat to come off quicker. Also, the fourth is like a month and a half away, if you eat 10-20 grams of carbs every day until then (none of them complex) your gonna feel like absolute shit when you get to the beach man. (I'm assuming this is why your trying to lose weight fast) Do you really think you'll be able to hammer down pina coladas pick up chicks when your brain fucked and energy drained from lack of carbs?

3. I did a keto d and lost thirteen pounds. But I still looked fat. The scale said I was losing weight, but the mirror was laughing at me. I gained almost all of that weight back. Right now I'm on a low cal 40/40/20 diet and I CONTROL my carbs. This is the end of my third week and I have lost as much weight pound for pound, but I look and feel much better than any day during the keto diet.

4. My suggestion is to try a low carb diet similar to PapaPumps, if you run a search under his name you should be able to find it. You may not be able to knock 40 lbs off by the fourth but I think you'll be looking a lot better and will be more successful in the long run.

Hope this helps.

Deadend

if i do a keto will the weigh stay off or once i eat normal it will all come bak....and i did a carb up day sinc its supposed to help at nite i ate 3 tablespoons peanutbutter,11 carbs worth of crackers ,half a eggroll,2 sices wheatbread teaspoon of jelly and crsipix cerial with skim milk
    is this carb up too much .....did it knock me out of ketosis????

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by xzoomzx
    if i do a keto will the weigh stay off or once i eat normal it will all come bak....and i did a carb up day sinc its supposed to help at nite i ate 3 tablespoons peanutbutter,11 carbs worth of crackers ,half a eggroll,2 sices wheatbread teaspoon of jelly and crsipix cerial with skim milk
    is this carb up too much .....did it knock me out of ketosis????
    Your insulin sensitivity will be very high coming off a state of ketosis. The key is to slowly integrate carbohydrates back into your diet, I would recommend going isocaloric (33%) when coming off.

BTW: You said you were planning on 5-10g carbohydrates a day. Keep in mind that there are trace carbs in such foods as eggs that you must account for. You can't trick your body into ketosis, it would rather utilize glucose as energy so it must be truly deficient to enter ketosis.

well is there any supplemets i should take i take....eca and cla and methoxy factor....are there any others that wll hellp? what will ala do ?

enrage u got another pm please check

jbrand if i eat about 10 carbs or 15 that will keep me in ketosis right?.....and can someone help me ....if i add 1 table spoons of reduced fat mayo ( 5 grams of fat,2 carbs) will that affect me losing weight at all
    if i add 1 little tablespoon to my can of tuna? please someone help out? would i lose more weight if i take it out or does it not really matter?

enrage u gotta pm again

Ambulance is offline Member
    Digging up an old thread....

Did you accomplish your goal bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulance1984
    Digging up an old thread....

Did you accomplish your goal bro?
    My question is how close did you come to attaining your goal? Dropping 45 lbs in 7 weeks is extremely aggressive. Also, what's happened to you since the 4th?Sticking to it?

arnold1980 is offline Associate Member
    hey bro, get the ketone test strips. just piss on them and they'll tell u ur level of ketosis. they are very helpful. i try to stay at ++40 mg/dl.

Thread Information