Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Need most effective EFA supplement

Need a little help. My Girl friend says she simply can't keep down the flax seed oil I gave her. What is the best capsule or pill supplement for Omega 3 and omega 6 sources? If anyone has a good product it would be much appreciated. I already have her eating some fish and Nat PB but it is not enough in my opinion.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Hmmm I'll take a look around and see if I can find anything like that.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I've used Sundown Flax Oil Pills before and they worked fine. The only problem is their like 1g a pill. So you need to pop a lot. I have yet to find a more potent pill. I usually just put a tsp of flax in my flavored protein shake. I can't even taste it.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    udo's oil, amazing shit, not bad taste at all, perferably -ultimate blend oil, IMO best out there for EFA. runs about $20 for 500ml CAN, most health foods store carry it. hope that helps

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    What about taking flax seed and mashing them up to make meal out of them

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ENraged
    What about taking flax seed and mashing them up to make meal out of them
    I'll second this - you can put whole flax seeds in a coffee grinder and make a flax meal she can mix in w/ pretty much anything - cereal, oatmeal, shakes, yogurt, etc.

Pills are going to add up because a 1g pill is about as big as you'll find. You'd have to take a bunch throughout the day which becomes cumbersome.

I'm sure you've already tried, but make sure she's mixing it up in something so you can't taste it.

If you can't figure anything else out...feed her a bunch of natty pb or handfuls of almonds throughout the day and add in some omega 3 fish oil capsules. This way you only need omega 3's in pill form - should help cut down the # of pills she has to take/day.

Thread Information