jdog55 is offline Associate Member

Rotisserie chicken, turkey and steak.

I'm thinking of buying the ronco showtime rotisserie oven. Is rotisserie food good for you? It's so moist and juicy but i think that might be fat that makes it so juicy. Would it be better just to bake or grill in the oven?

Jdog55

[email protected]

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Rotisserie is a good way to go. The fat and oils drip off of the food. When in a pan (like with baking and grilling), the food is sitting in the oils and fats. If you want to be extra careful, just pull the skin off after you take it out of the rotisserie.

cb25 is offline Banned
    i'm getting hungry just thinking about it...mmm a big chicken rotisserie style...

and yea, pull off the skin and you're good to go!

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog55
    I'm thinking of buying the ronco showtime rotisserie oven. Is rotisserie food good for you? It's so moist and juicy but i think that might be fat that makes it so juicy. Would it be better just to bake or grill in the oven?

Jdog55

[email protected]
    Nutritionally, probably doesnt make much difference. I think its more a matter of what you are adding to the the chiken. If you don't bread the stuff you will be better off.

When you call Ronco, malke sure you have them throw in the Pocket fisherman. They also make an egg scrambler that scrambles the egg inside the shell. This can come in very handy leaving more time for your workouts.

hybrid is offline Member
    I had one of these rotisieries from Ronco. Used it a few times. It actually works pretty well. Is a huge pain in the butt to clean up. And it is hard to store away because it is too big. Then I discovered that the Dominicks grocery store two blocks from my house has a big rotisierie ovens. You can get a nice hot chicken for less that five bucks. I threw the showtime thing in the garbage.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    I had one of these rotisieries from Ronco. Used it a few times. It actually works pretty well. Is a huge pain in the butt to clean up. And it is hard to store away because it is too big. Then I discovered that the Dominicks grocery store two blocks from my house has a big rotisierie ovens. You can get a nice hot chicken for less that five bucks. I threw the showtime thing in the garbage.
    And I swear by the pocket fisherman. Its a cool rod and real that fits in your pocket. Anytime you should be walking along and happen apon a stream or river, just throw one of the many lures in. Comes in quite handy here in New York. Just the other day I was passing the Hudson and remembered my pocket fisherman and caught a giant lox (the Nova variety).

Thread Information