hybrid is offline Member

Brown Rice and Chicken Stock

After racking my brain for creative ways to eat brown rice, I tried cooking it with chicken stock instead of water. That worked really well. It tastes excellent, without any additional seasoning. Anyone else tried this or something along these lines?

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Chicken stock is generally loaded with sodium...check out the label...if it is the sodium will make you retain water and blout.

I steam my brown rice with equal partsd of barley...I get a great and tasty mixture that is rich in complex carbs. I try no to add seasonings b/c of the salt content, however there is low and non-sodium seasonings that you can try until you find the right taste for you.

R

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    put the chicken on top of the brown rice and then drizzel some salsa iver the top of it and microwave it on high for a minute or so. i love it that way. Hell i even look forward to eaeting chicken everyday for lunch that way

hybrid is offline Member
    Chicken broth is loaded with sodium. The chicken stock that I use is very low in sodium. If you taste it, it has very little taste, but it just makes the rice taste perfect.
    Oh, I do the chicken on top thing everyday for lunch almost. But I am getting tired of that even. You know how it is. Variety is the spice of life.

Thread Information