Thread: Tuna

RyDawg88 is offline Junior Member

Tuna

Whats the healthiest way, or the way u guys eat tuna? PLEASE! tell me i can put mayo or something in it still. ANd wha bread or no bread?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    No bread and no mayo. Take 1 can of tuna and mix in 1 scoop of oats (about 1/3 cup), 1 egg white, garlic powder (or spices to taste), form into 2 patties and grill in a non-stick skilliet (spray lightly with olive oil). Cover each patti with a slice of fat free cheese.

Totals - 39g protein, 22g carbs, 2.4g fat - 275 calories

what about using that light mayo shit, wit whole weat? or is that a bad thing

and also everyone who eats chicken breast, whats a tasty way to cook em on my george foreman? its getting old fast and it doesnt even taste too good the way im cooking it

Bread is a no, no as it is highly processed. Even low fat mayo can be high in sugar, I use mustard.

As far as chicken recipes. Take 2 raw breasts and cut into strips. In a seperate bowl mix 1 scoop of oats and various spices. Throw in chicken and shake (the mixture will stick to the chicken). Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I think the healthiest way to eat tuna depends on what u're trying to do. If u're bulking up, then throw a shit load of mayo on there and put it on some whole bread. However if u're cuttin down, i suppose it depends on the diet u've laid out. For example, most ppl don't care too much about fat when they're dieting, they are usually more concerned with the carbs. So say if u're cycling carbs, on a high day throw some bread in, on a low day just use some mayo.

Again if u're dieting or bulking, try to figure out how much protein/fat/carbs u want to get in each day and adjust your diet accordingly to get those amounts.

Of course if u want to be just plain healthy...well i can't really help ya there Healthy means different things to everybody.

Sab, I have to respectfully disagree with the use of heavy mayo bro, even when bulking. Mayonaise is notoriously high in saturated, artery clogging fats and even though it is extremly high in calories...they aren't the good kind. Even when bulking and attempting to ingest high calories, it is still possible (and recommended) that the diet stay relativly clean. Younger guys may process those fats more efficiently but as metabolism slows, fat stores and depositsbuild very rapidly especially when given such high fat options. Better fat choices when bulking would be fatty fish (salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel), nuts, olive oil, flax seed oil, natural peanut butter, egg yolks/yellows and maybe some olives and avacados.

Also when cutting, the quickest way to get to your goal is to avoid all processed/refined carbs completely. That means eliminate all breads, pastas and white rice from your diet and stick with naturally occuring carbs.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Good ones Pete.....I'm gonna try your two ideas here. By the way.....you need to come out with a cook book, call it "Cooking for BBing" By Pete235. I'd but it!LOL

What I do for the chicken breast is this....keep in mind I prepare my chicken for the whole week on sunday.

Place your chicken on some foil, dribble some tobasco sauce (if you're like me than drown them in it), garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt and some mrs. dash. Wrap in foil and bake for 65-70 minutes at about 400 degrees. Yummmmm!

pjacobi34 is offline New Member
    i would think that it would be ok to use miracle whip salad dressing. i think theres only a couple of grams of fat. Only one gram saturated. Pretty low in carbs too.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    cottage chesse+tuna+Tabasco=Delicious

ewww

kstone6tb is offline Junior Member
    Tuna straight from the can!!

dangit is offline Member
    You know. I'm eating tuna right now. I love taking two big potatoes. Nuking them and then mashing them in a bowl plain without anything. Throw in a can of tuna and then some super hot salsa. Makes for a pretty good meal.

No fat in there, just lots of protein and good complex carbs. Great meal if you want to bulk up real clean. I eat this twice a day now while at work.

Forget about the mayo and mirical whip. That stuff will kill ya

dangit is offline Member
    BTW. Pete, your recipe sounds pretty wicked. I'm going to try it in the next couple of nights

digerati is offline Junior Member

My Tuna

This is ways I eat Tuna..

1]Tuna in water = 1 can drained and rinsed
    2]A dab of ranch salad dressing that is not fat free (fat free = high sugar and high carb)
    3]Dab of hot sauce
    4]sprinkle some parmisaian cheese on top
    5]mix up and eat up.

Tastes soo freaking good!
    Sometimes I eat it with a small amout of white rice.

You can also eat Tuna straight outta the can with hot sauce or mustard

Sometimes I just salt and pepper and eat with a slice of tomatoe.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    i like to mix my tuna with a little bit of oliv oil, tomatto, and brocklie it tasts pretty good

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Dont worry about the taste, just eat right out of the can. Put it in your mouth and swollow

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    do they have a "real" bb cook book out there???
    as for tuna striaght out of the can mixed with onions and green peppers. a dash of no salt and pound it down

Thread Information