BrownBomber is offline Member

Whey Protein w/ Fat...A Bad Combo??

I was wondering if consuming whey protein concentrate or isolate w/ fat would be a bad idea since whey protein provides an insulin spike? Hence this would be like having a P+F+C meal all in one. Not a good idea...right??

Thanks
    BB

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    The fat should blunt any insulin spike @ all. Not sure why whey isolate would cause a spike, since it's not carb, and this is quite popular as a fat loss meal anyhow. Works for me and all those I train.

~SC~

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Had me a protein and flax shake after cardio this morning.

Yup, that's one of the best times of the day to have it too! Good one Pheed, but then again, I know that you know what you're doing!

~SC~

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yup, that's one of the best times of the day to have it too! Good one Pheed, but then again, I know that you know what you're doing!

~SC~

How be the legs? 100% yet?

A buddy of mine tore his acl and ripped the quad of the bone about 6 months back, and he still isn't up to par. He slacks on re-hab though, which he'll be regretting soon.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Thanks for the help fellas. Imagine my surprise when 2 of the smartest mfckers I know on the bodybuilding scene answer my question!

BB

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno

How be the legs? 100% yet?

A buddy of mine tore his acl and ripped the quad of the bone about 6 months back, and he still isn't up to par. He slacks on re-hab though, which he'll be regretting soon.
    Ouch...damn, just hearing it hurts. I tore my acl, meniscus and vastus medialis a few years ago...i rehabbed like a madman, did everything i could and i'm stronger than ever...

and (no surprise) pheed and swole have hit every point i was going to - protein doesn't cause an insulin spike, fat would slow digestion and slow the spike (if there was one) and like you said...whey and flax...great post cardio shake...

The knees are about 40-50% I am guessing, judging solely by the weight that I use on leg presses (Only up to 400 lbs. for sets of 15-20 German Volume Training Style), so I have a way to go. Size of the legs is pretty good considering the layoff I had, but it has been depressing for sure (you don't even know it, then one day you realize you've been down in the dumps for quite a while), but I'm keeping my head up. Being in the latest issue of MuscleMag has helped a lot!

Thanks for checkin' in on me bro, much appreciated.

~SC~

Thread Information