locdog8169 is offline New Member

trying to lean out

whats up everyone, this is my first post in a long time, i am 21 yrs old 5'10" 205lbs, and have been working out since i was 14 maybe 15. i would like to lean out, specifically my abs, thats where im holding the fat, everything else looks decent, i will be posting pics next week so you guys can pick them apart. i would like to start taking supplements, mainly just shakes. i am going to be starting cardio in the mornings, i have been doing it at night now. heres what my daily routing looks like:

6:30am cardio for 30-60 mins
    8am-4pm i work, eat lunch at around 12:30
    4:30 i go to the gym
    7pm i eat dinner

i really dont want to get on a strict diet, i am going to stop eating carbs after lunch at 12:30 though, i do eat too much pasta and bread at night before bed. (being greek and living next to italian neighbors all my life, pasta and bread have become a huge weakness for me) i am also going to cut my sodium intake. basically i would like to add a couple whey protein shakes a day, and a meal replacement shake (or whatever you guys recommend best for those) also if theres any fat burners you can recommend

any input would be greatly appreciated, pics to come soon

thanks

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by locdog8169
    i really dont want to get on a strict diet
    umm...well you kind of have to watch your caloric intake if you want to lean out. so, you're going to have to get on a strict diet.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    yup i have been trying to dial in my diet and supplment use for about 2 months. Just when you think you have it and run it by the brothers here they come up with a better way. So break out excel and figure out what you are eating and then calc the totals post if on here and they will tear it up lovley for ya

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    why bother, if you only eat 3-4 times a day and don't want to be on a strict diet, I say you're wasting your time even trying, just eat cannoli (SP?) and Lasagna until you reach the carb induced coma.

~SC~

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    why bother, if you only eat 3-4 times a day and don't want to be on a strict diet, I say you're wasting your time even trying, just eat cannoli (SP?) and Lasagna until you reach the carb induced coma.

~SC~
    yea, diet or don't diet...there's no i'll just see what i can do - you won't be happy with the results.

try to eat every few hours, if you need to because of work, use MRP's through the day.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    yeah, upon re-reading my post, I sounded like an ass.......not my intention.

If you want to diet, go for it and do so in a solidified/consistent manner and go at it 100%. If not, you end up over-trained, tired, feeling as if there is no/little progress, etc. I'd enjoy life and eat, or diet and hold that look, one or the other.

~SC~

hybrid is offline Member
    Good advice from Swole.

Thread Information