realityarts is offline Member

Have you read "No Mistakes: Nutritional Guide..."

Just wondering if anyone here has read the book "No Mistakes Nutritional Guide to Building Your Best Body Ever" by Vince Andrich.

Have you read it? If so, what did you think? If not, which book did you read and like?

RA

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Anything by Dr. Squat

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Here's a bump for more comment. I'm looking for a good nutrition book too -seems like the more I read, the more contradictory info I get.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Hey you're from Arizona so I'll bump it There are really no definitive texts, because diet theories change so often.

cb25 is offline Banned
    bump for the AZ kids!

my advice...don't take magazines as truth. You have to understand the purpose of the book being written to understand why there's contradictory information. I majored in nutrition in a program sponsored by the American Dietetics Assn. Their approved textbooks will tell you that 0.8g/kg of body weight is plenty protein for anybody. If you read a bodybuilding guide, or a magazine, you'll see 1-2g/POUND of body weight in necessary. They have different agendas.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    bump for the AZ kids!

my advice...don't take magazines as truth. You have to understand the purpose of the book being written to understand why there's contradictory information. I majored in nutrition in a program sponsored by the American Dietetics Assn. Their approved textbooks will tell you that 0.8g/kg of body weight is plenty protein for anybody. If you read a bodybuilding guide, or a magazine, you'll see 1-2g/POUND of body weight in necessary. They have different agendas.
    Lemme guess, you're back in AZ now? It's finally cooled down here. (Sorry for cutting into your thread RA!)

I have to admit I've kinda tossed up my hands and decided I gotta listen most to my own body when it comes to diet.

Thread Information