British Bulldog is offline Junior Member

Question How accurate are body fat calipers?

Has anyone here had any experience using body fat calipers? If so can you confirm whether they are accurate or not, i've heard conflicting reports on this, some people saying they are very accurate and others saying calipers are completely useless.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog
    Has anyone here had any experience using body fat calipers? If so can you confirm whether they are accurate or not, i've heard conflicting reports on this, some people saying they are very accurate and others saying calipers are completely useless.
    I do not believe they are very accurate and should only be used as a benchmark. Have 3 professionally trained people giving the same test, u always wind up with 3 different readings. They are good if you use them as a benchmark and the same person is traking the reading each time.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Calipers are a decent benchmark. Obviously water displacement is the best test, but hard to come by and expensive. Calipers can be used well for before and after testing, as long as the same person does the test for you both times.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Calipers are a decent benchmark. Obviously water displacement is the best test, but hard to come by and expensive. Calipers can be used well for before and after testing, as long as the same person does the test for you both times.
    Rambo said it

bodybuilding fitness forums hype muscle bodybuilders
    Last edited by Yung Wun; 08-08-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Thread Information