ectogainer is offline Junior Member

You'll Never Guess -- Bulking Question

Whats up guys. I know there have been a lot of diet checks lately but I really need someone to give me some advise on mine too. So here it goes:

Current Stats:
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 167
    Body Fat: (guess)11-12% and increasing

I have been following this diet since mid August of this year. Since August I have put on 19 pounds. I weighed 148 on August 18th. I eat these meals every 3 hours throughout the day.

Meal 1 (immediately after waking up)
    46 gram whey protien shake
    Bannana
    2 tbsp of Flax Oil
    5 grams of creatine
    1000 mg vitamin C

Meal 2 (Mon/Wed/Fri post workout or Tue/Thurs/Sat/Sun meal)
    (I consume this meal within an hour of working out-- also on workout days I immediately drink a 100 gram Ultra Fuel(simple carbs) shake and 5 grams of creatine)
    46 gram whey protien shake
    Bannana
    2 tbsp of Flax Oil
    1000 mg vitamin C

Meal 3
    4 whole large eggs
    4 slices of wheat bread

Meal 4
    2 cans of solid white tuna (1 large can and one small can)
    3 slices of pepperjack cheese
    4 slices of wheat bread
    Multivitamin

Meal 5
    5-7 ounces of steak, chicken, or deer
    approx. 1 cup of broccoli or corn (if its broccoli then also 3 chz slices)
    1 mashed potato cup (microwavable twice baked potatoes)

Meal 6 (right before bed)
    46 gram whey protein shake
    1 tbsp of Flax Oil
    2 tbsp of Peanut Butter (not natural)
    1000 mg vitamin c
    1000 mg calcium

Also: I try for 1 1/2 gallons of water but usually only get a gallon down.

I have been stuck at 167 for 3 weeks now and it's not a big deal but I want to bust through it. I'm not sure if I should up the cals or not. I am definately putting on some body fat too but that is expected. I'm just having doubts about the quality of my diet. Should I switch to natural peanut butter? Can I add milk to my diet? Am I consuming too much tuna? Haha--so many questions. Any help would be great. If anybody has any suggestions, ideas, advice, or flames please feel free. I am working my ass off everyday to gain weight and will do whatever it takes. I love the weight I've put on. Nobody really understands why we work so hard in the gym but know I know. There is nothing like improving yourself and seeing results. I'm addicted. So if there are any suggestions please feel free. Thanks bros.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    This isn't a bulking diet bro................ You have way too many shakes you need to consume real food. There isn't enough protein or carbs. Try to take in 2 x your body weight of protein a day..... You need lots of complex carbs also while bulking.

thanks mud man--so im okay on the fats?
    when you say complex carbs do you mean more bread and oats or veggies?

Any other suggestions?
    please help out

sublang is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ectogainer
    thanks mud man--so im okay on the fats?
    when you say complex carbs do you mean more bread and oats or veggies?

Any other suggestions?
    please help out

I agree with Mudman. Try to replace a protein shake with some good ol' meat and potatoes. Complex carbs are a much better source of calories than simple (sugars) carbs. Foods that are high in complex carbs are breads, rice, pasta, etc. Fiber is also a form of carbohydrates (veggies), however fiber is not digested very well so it tends to make you feel more full.

It sounds like you are doing a pretty good job though. 19 pounds in 3 months naturally (I'm assuming) is outstanding progress! Keep up the intensity.

By the way, unless you are lactose intolerant, I would highly recommend adding milk to your diet. It is a very cheap source of quality protein. Good luck.

i definately want to add some milk to my diet---So I should just cut one protien shake and replace it with a solid meal? Should I add to any of my other meals?

BUMP--cmon guys---answer one more of my questions and I'm done -- What percentages (or grams per pound) of protien, carbs, and fats are the best for bulking
    I have heard 40-30-30, 60-25-15, 50-35-15, 40-40-20. Anyone with a good idea of whats best.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    What's best.... all depends on you. I for one go with 40/40/20 when bulking, but that just means that's what works best for me. you'll have to use trial and error to learn what works best for you bro.

Thread Information