Rynz is offline New Member

saturated fat???

Is the whole key to losing my gut is to stay away from saturated fats/fried foods???? ...........And carbs after workout?........how much fat should be taken in a day?

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Definitley stay away from saturated fats as much as possible. However, you do want to take in carbs after a workout in the form of dextrose. It replenishes the glycogen in muscles that is lost during a workout. How much fat you take in during the day is dependant on what your goals are.

cb25 is offline Banned
    I don't know that you can narrow all of our diet tips to one or two things. If you want to "get rid of the gut" there's more to it than avoiding fried foods and having carbs pwo. Keep reading and learning about diet...focus on your goals - either cutting or bulking...there's really no true way to do both at the same time, and your diet will reflect that.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    One thing i focuse on is separating fat and protein meals from carb and protein meals...in a perfect world i would eat carbs and protein for breakfast, High GI carbs in my shake post workout, and low GI carbs and protein an hour or so after my post workout meal....the only reason that i somtimes dont get to eat carbs the hour after my post workout is because i workout late at times and dont like to eat carbs before bed.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    One thing i focuse on is separating fat and protein meals from carb and protein meals...in a perfect world i would eat carbs and protein for breakfast, High GI carbs in my shake post workout, and low GI carbs and protein an hour or so after my post workout meal....the only reason that i somtimes dont get to eat carbs the hour after my post workout is because i workout late at times and dont like to eat carbs before bed.
    sounds good to me...

Thread Information