Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    bigsd67's Avatar
    bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,186

    A Healthy KFC commercial (Rant)

    Ok Ok Now i've come to realize that a majority of americans are too fat. I also know that there are some that actually want to do something about it. With all the commercial diets going around and all of the information passed, one would think that people know that fast food is generally the worst thing for you...even on a cheat day. However, if you watch TV long enough you will notice a new commercial for KFC advertising how they're fried fucking chicken "only has 11g of carbs" and "PACKS 40 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER PIECE" Is this disgusting to anyone else...personally I don't consider fried test tube grown chicken smothered with a beautiful layer of breaded, hydrogenated oil saturated skin to be the healthiest choice for fat people trying to get skinny. WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY DOING??!!...end rant...sorry i just had to let it out.
    Last edited by bigsd67; 11-12-2003 at 11:02 PM.

  2. #2
    beenie's Avatar
    beenie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    Ok Ok Now i've come to realize that a majority of americans are too fat. I also know that there are some that actually want to do something about it. With all the commercial diets going around and all of the information passed, one would think that people know that fast food is generally the worst thing for you...even on a cheat day. However, if you watch TV long enough you will notice a new commercial for KFC advertising how they're fried fucking chicken "only has 11g of carbs" and "PACKS 40 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER PIECE" Is this disgusting to anyone else...personally I don't consider fried test tube grown chicken smothered with a beautiful layer of breaded, hydrogenated oil saturated skin to be the healthiest choice for fat people trying to get skinny. WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY DOING??!!...end rant...sorry i just had to let it out.
    OOh stop your whining and stop by the Colonel’s place. It is as I always suspected, fried chicken and rich chocolate cake are the way to lean out.

  3. #3
    bermich's Avatar
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,808
    LOL. Me and my girlfriend were laughing at that very same commercial last night. The guy is sitting on the back of a truck, his buddy notices how he has gotten in shape and asks how. The guys says "by eatin chicken."

    We just looked at each other and started rippin on how lame that commercial was. Funny I came upon this thread. I also like the subway and Jarrid commercials.

    I also like how Mcdonalds is targeting its marketing approach towards the BLACK community. Especially the under class. "IM LOVIN IT" with all the rap and crap. ALMOST ALL of their commercials have black families traveling from their compton apartments to drive to Mcdonalds for an almost vacation-like atmoshpere.

    Remember" IM LOVIN IT......

  4. #4
    bigsd67's Avatar
    bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,186
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    OOh stop your whining and stop by the Colonel’s place. It is as I always suspected, fried chicken and rich chocolate cake are the way to lean out.
    ok ok i guess im guilty of eating chocolate cake post workout when i have no other high GI carbs....damn i thought that was healthy...some cake, a nice low-fat chicken teryaki from subway followed by 9 or 10 michelob ultras....and i seem to be GAINING MASS!!! (note sarcasm)

  5. #5
    cb25's Avatar
    cb25 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    AZ to MA...depends on whe
    Posts
    2,781
    I was laughing at that as well...all of a sudden, KFC is a diet food...what a load...

    you have to note the fine print though...which i'm sure most people won't - you have to take off the skin to lower the fat and carbs...

    Like we really need to be encouraging some fat ass to eat KFC every day to "lose weight"....ugh...i'm with ya on this one bigsd...

  6. #6
    BigMike J's Avatar
    BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,511
    I think KFC is targeting those the low/no carb wannabe dieters. So if you really think abouit it KFC could be part considered diet food.

  7. #7
    bigsd67's Avatar
    bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,186
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    I think KFC is targeting those the low/no carb wannabe dieters. So if you really think abouit it KFC could be part considered diet food.
    Mike i realize that's the goal of it, but i think the low/no carb people are very much misinformed....for instance i saw a CarboLite cookie with 3 net carbs, 5 g fiber and zero sugar....sounds good at first..then you take a look at the first ingredient: hydrogenated oils....trans-fat is bad as hell fat, moreso than saturated. This is something that many Low carbers don't realize and should. I 'd be willing to bet that there are plenty of hydrogenated oils in KFC products as well....just some food for thought.

  8. #8
    cb25's Avatar
    cb25 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    AZ to MA...depends on whe
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    Mike i realize that's the goal of it, but i think the low/no carb people are very much misinformed....for instance i saw a CarboLite cookie with 3 net carbs, 5 g fiber and zero sugar....sounds good at first..then you take a look at the first ingredient: hydrogenated oils....trans-fat is bad as hell fat, moreso than saturated. This is something that many Low carbers don't realize and should. I 'd be willing to bet that there are plenty of hydrogenated oils in KFC products as well....just some food for thought.
    oh god ya...basically anything that's fried will have trans-fatty acids in it, as i understand.

    most of the atkins followers are very misinformed. obviously that's not to say that all low carb people are (i know a lot of bros on AR stick to pretty low carb) - but the majority of the american public can be talked into anything...

  9. #9
    bigsd67's Avatar
    bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,186
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    oh god ya...basically anything that's fried will have trans-fatty acids in it, as i understand.

    most of the atkins followers are very misinformed. obviously that's not to say that all low carb people are (i know a lot of bros on AR stick to pretty low carb) - but the majority of the american public can be talked into anything...
    i agree as i stick to a moderate to low carb intake (about 150-165 grams per day). it's the majority of "fad diet" people im talking about...it's just a shame that even when people think they are doing something better for themselves they still can be getting duped.

  10. #10
    beenie's Avatar
    beenie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    i agree as i stick to a moderate to low carb intake (about 150-165 grams per day). it's the majority of "fad diet" people im talking about...it's just a shame that even when people think they are doing something better for themselves they still can be getting duped.
    Fried chicken is not a problem on low carb-- KFC is BREADED fired chicken. 11g carbs is no bargain in my book.

  11. #11
    Mr. Death's Avatar
    Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,441
    Hey, KFC is just trying to do what all the other companies out there are trying to do. Cash in on peoples stupidity. Sure, we know that no matter what you do to it, fried chicken isn't healthy. But most people are morons. You tell them fried chicken is good for them, and they will eat it up.

  12. #12
    J-sun's Avatar
    J-sun is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    Hey, KFC is just trying to do what all the other companies out there are trying to do. Cash in on peoples stupidity. Sure, we know that no matter what you do to it, fried chicken isn't healthy. But most people are morons. You tell them fried chicken is good for them, and they will eat it up.

    So true. So true.

  13. #13
    THORSZ's Avatar
    THORSZ is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    716
    Blog Entries
    1
    They have been getting some bad press about saying that here in the NW. Man, what a joke!
    I wish it was true. I'd be 3% BF!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •