barbarian is offline Banned

fat loss, opinins PLZ!!!

my stats are 6' 4" 260lbs 21 years old, im goan give myself 4 to 6 months to acheave my goal of being 225, im at 18% bf right now, im 3 weeks in diet and i want you guys to take a gander and tell me if its on point enof to shed 35lbs of pure fat in say 5 months without loseing to much muscle doing so im takeing xenadrine with ephendra and drinking 2 gallons of water a day and 4 days a week cardio in the morning 30 minits before breakfast, heres my workout

monday-chest bicepts-10 reps everything 1:30seconds rest inbatween sets this goes for all workouts
    tusedday off, cardio in morning
    wendsday-back, traps
    thruesday-off-cardio
    friday-shoulders, tricepts
    saterday-off-cardio
    sunday-cardio-quads calves hams ect in evening

meal plan.
    breakfast-5egg whites 2 whole eggs scrambled in o everything spray, half cup of oatmeal, glass of skim milk
    2nd meal-can of tuna in water 1 serving of brown rice, large glass of water
    3rd meal-can of 99% fat free chicken 1 serving brown rice, glass of skim milk
    4th meal-can of tuna in spring water, half cup of oats, and one sering of mixed vegtables large glass of water
    5th meal- depends on what mom cooks, i live at home, could be baked chiken, lean hamberger steak or baked fish, if its a bad dinner i eat tuna with servign brown rice
    6th meal- 1 can of tuna in vegtable oil large glass of water
    2,000cals 240grms protien, 180 grms carbs around 30 grms fat or so
    every 7th day i go up to 3,000 clean cals and maybe have a smal cheat meal slice of pizza, or 1 hamberger or 2 or 3 tacos
    stats are.
    arms 18 3/4" flexed cold
    chest 55"flexed cold
    quads 28" felxed cold
    calves 17"flexed cold
    neck 17 flexed cold lol j/k
    oh and i drink water all day long and even before bed
    i hit abbs every other day 3 sets of 20 reps crucnhes and 3 sets lower abb leg raise 20 reps, seems low but im new to working abbs.

flame away, do whatever be honest and if ANYTHING is off point for me then help me, im a verry unhappy with the fat i have, and want if off bad, i really dont care how much strenth i lose, just mucle mass, if need be ill throw in some phosphaplex to fight muscle loss thx guys.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Your goal is completely realistic and in my opinion achievable if you are determined and stick to it.

My initial reaction is that you should cut way down on your brown rice and the oats. Replace them with greens like lettuce and brocolli. I am not sure that the skim milk will really be doing much for you either unless you just love milk and feel you cannot do without it.

ok so thats to much brown rice and oats? exactly why wold more vegtables be better then the rice n oats? is this hurting my fat loss by eating the amount i am?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    It depends on your metabolism. I would without a doubt drop the milk, too much sugar. Get rid of some of those carbs, and get a postworkout shake in their. 40 grm pro/80 carbs, and make sure u get maybe 30 grams in for breakfast, and 30 in the first meal after your post workout shake (which should be 45 minutes later).

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian
    ok so thats to much brown rice and oats? exactly why wold more vegtables be better then the rice n oats? is this hurting my fat loss by eating the amount i am?
    Oatsand brown rice are very high in carbs as Rambo suggests. You didn't cite a single green veggie in your diet plan. So, by adding the greens, you will be lowering your caarb intake and helping yourself nutritionally.

As far asyour questional about hurting your fat loss, to expand on what Rambo said, carbs convert to energy. What energy you do not use is store as fat. This is exactly the opposite of what you want. You said you wanted to lose fat, right?

ok im gona lower my oats and rice intake and up my protien and ad more veggies, and on the protien shake, well frankly after buying all the food i dont have the money to buy it, so if anyone has any ideas on "real" food i can eat after workout while on this diet plz tell me oh and im only eating around 160 to 180 grams of carbs a day and 0 carbs on my last meal, now correct me if im wrong but isnt that a low amount for my size, ive been lifting for 6 years and have a lot of hard dence mucle mass, and im afffraid if i go to low on the carbs im gona go catabolic, once again corrrect me if im wrong on this, im not a noob, i know how to eat to get bigg, but verry little when it comes to dieting down, this is my first "real" time going all out so ill take all the help i can.

Whey protein is ridiculously cheap, much more so than real food, check out www.allsportsnutrition.com, and you'll see it's very affordable and essential at that. It's not unhead of to skip carbs in the last meal, think about it, are you gonn use those carbs? No, your sleeping, so it'll be stored as fat most likely. Now, a big part of diet is your own body. if you feel like theis amonut of carbs is too much or not enough, then adjust it, because your diet should reflect you. A lot of lifter's go down to that many carbs, it's not uncommon. IF you feel weak, however, and unhappy, then up your intake.

thx for the replys guys they have helped, from what ive been told here ive devised a new plan, and bye the way i am 3 weeks in and have lost 6 pounds, so some of it is right lol
    meal 1-5egg whites 2 whoel eggs 1 serving of oats
    meal 2-can of tuna ing water, half servign brown rice 1 serving mixed vegtables lots of water
    meal 3-can and a half of 99% fat free chicken, half serving of brown rice serving of mixed vegtables
    meal 4-tuna, half serving brown rice, serving vegtables
    meal 5-can and a half of tuna water
    meal 6-can and a half of tuna water
    hows this look? milk is gone, cut my rice in half, and threw in alot of vegies protien is uped also take a gander and tell me if it needs inproveing on, get into detail here guys, cause im gona change it all up soon and stick to what is end up with that is on point, 3 weeks ago i was eating wheat bread in the morning, and more milk and eating soem packaged turcky, so ive modified it down to what i have now, but it might not be on point yet, but i when it is ill know, cause the fat should just melt away.

ok guys come on i know theres sombody out there that can tell me more, swolecat seems to be pretty smart, and by looking at his pic he knows wtf he is doing, so swole give me the works man, or at least sombody fill me in on what is missing here, this is prolly the hardest thing ive ever tryed to do and it really helps me out when i get really good advises from u guys so dont leave me out in the cold ive never been lean before or anywere close and its mentaly and phisicaly draining so take a few minits and everyone post.

Bro it looks fine for the most part if you refuse to put in a post workout shake, then that's about the best you can do. It looks decent, just go head and post the totals you have in each category.

Like this...

Carbs: ? grams, Pro: ? grams, Fat: ?

And we can look at your overall breakdown, it's hard to eyeball it.

protien 285grams
    carbs 100grams
    fat 30 grams and around 2,000 cals
    and i eat a serving of brown rice, can and half of tuna, a large glass of skim milk after training, oh and a servong of mixed vegies is 11 grams of carbs half a serving of oats or brown rice is 15 grams of carbs, tell me if i need to lower carbs more, up protien, lower or raise fat ect ect fill me in, ive been on the diet for 3 and a half weeks and have lost 6 pounds, i started at 266lbs so its working so far just wana get it to the maximum it can be is all.

Add 10 more grams of fat, and PLEASE add at least some whey protein to your post workout shake. Use honey or gatorade for the carbs if you can't get anything else. Those are horrible choices for PWO nutrition, they digest waaay too slowly. Other than that you will do well with your ratios.

thx man ill try and find a cheap protien, but right now im verry broke so its gota be hella cheap i can barly buy my food as it is, il have to cut out somthing and go with shakes for a meal anythign else guys? O.O

Thread Information