J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member

stupid question!!

When you eat simple sugars, is it the sugar itself that make you feel like having more energy or its the insulin spike that cause this feeling?

You dont feel this way eating complex carb...

thnaks!
    ciao!

barbarian is offline Banned
    O.O huh?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Well, the sugar causes an Insulin spike...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You get hyper because of the sugar, yes, but then will get VERY tired after the slin levels elevate, especially if you are insulin sensitive.

Slow burning carbs don't create such as spike, and don't lead to lethargy while providing a slower, more constant energy level.

~SC~

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You get hyper because of the sugar, yes, but then will get VERY tired after the slin levels elevate, especially if you are insulin sensitive.

Slow burning carbs don't create such as spike, and don't lead to lethargy while providing a slower, more constant energy level.

~SC~
    I must be somewhat insulin sensitive because after a cheat meal once a week all I wanna do is sleep....of course my lovely female takes the necessary steps to prevent me from dosing off.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    I must be somewhat insulin sensitive because after a cheat meal once a week all I wanna do is sleep....of course my lovely female takes the necessary steps to prevent me from dosing off.

Insulin tolerance can fluctuate, it all runs back to homeostatic adjustments in the body. If you take in nothing but slow burning carbs all the time, your body will be more sensitive to the simple sugars.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Insulin tolerance can fluctuate, it all runs back to homeostatic adjustments in the body. If you take in nothing but slow burning carbs all the time, your body will be more sensitive to the simple sugars.
    well for six days a week i take in all slow burning carbs and then i cheat on saturdays so that explains the low tolerance.

Right, cheat meals are effective not only in keeping mental sanity in check, but also throwing the body out of it's normal routine.

Thread Information