Andre Avigdor is offline Associate Member

Andre's 1st thread in this forum...

Hi everybody... for those of you who visit the member's photo section, you already know my story... for those of you who don't frequent that forum you can click on these links to follow my story...
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=65976
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=62125
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=60744
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=64135

In a nutshell, I am 31 years old and have been training since I am 25 years old. I used to train back in college, but did not know much about training or nutrition... I did a single cycle of Dbol back then and after my 8 weeks was up I quit working out because I was not happy with the results I got... I did not step foot into a gym up until I turned 25... pretty smart, ay? This was my one and only cycle to date... I did try an AST ECA andro supplement this summer but I can honestly say the stuff was useless... it was not even a good ECA stack

I used to think that to be strong like a horse I had to eat like one... and after 5 years of training I ended up weighing as much as a small horse 255lbs @ 35%BF on a medium sized 5'10" frame.

At the beginning of this year, my wife and I decided to get a grip on our weight issues (she was 5'8" 260lbs @ 50% BF)... together we started a diet called 'The protein Sparing Modified Fast'... I put to together the following document that describes this diet...
    http://solo2.abac.com/avigdor/temp/d...ff/fat2fit.doc
    Our 1st goal was to get into as good shape as possible for a motorcycle trip we go on every summer to Laconia NH and Lake George NY. We started our diet on Feb 4th and by our trip on June 6th I had dropped 78lbs and made it down to 177lbs @ 9%BF... my wife lost about the same amount of weight... the photo below is of my wife and I last New Years and from our trip this summer...

We where monitored by a weight loss Dr. here in Montreal... my mom who is 55 years old also followed the diet with us and she lost about 50 lbs 5 months.

Even though the difference in the photos is dramatic, all I did was drop the extra fat I was carrying and kept 90% of my lean mass... the lean mass I had spent 5 years building up!

Most people who follow the diet we did use meal replacement supplements that they would get from thier Dr... instead of doing this I put together a diet that had the same amount of calories based on the same macro nutrient breakdown... the results end up being the same, it just required a little more thought and preperation...

Since June I have been working on bulking up...in the past 5 months I gained about 30lbs... about 20lbs being lean and 10lbs of fat... my current weight is around 205lbs @ ~12% BF. This was done by following the same weight training program I have been doing for the past 6 years with a couple small changes... I have been gradually bringing up my calories to around 4000 day with a roughly 50%C 30%P 20%F break up spread out over 9 meals every 2 hours... my current diet looks like this...

My wife has been continuing to lose weight and is now down to 142lbs with close to 120lbs of lean mass... she is looking to get into the 130's... she works out at my gym as well...

I have been working with some of my friends and people who I have met over the web to help them get better results with thier training and diets... You can see of thier before and after shots on my webpage under the fat2fit section @ www.avigdor.net .

I have been getting alot of requests from people who ask me for help... at 1st I was doing this for free... after a couple weeks of basically working for nothing and watching many people throw in the towel after a couple of days... I decided to ask for $50 donation for my help... I get some requests from people who can not afford $50 (students & military are 2 examples) and if I feel thier story is sincere I offer to help them for nothing... I do ask everyone for photos, as I might right a book one day or maybe decide to try to turn this into some type of business venture... in the mean time I am trying to build a portfolio of success stories!

Anyways... that's it for now... if anyone has any questions I am more than happy to respond to them... if you don't believe my story, that's cool... I just don't like it when people accuse me of being a liar... everyone has the right to have an opinion, I just ask that you be polite when expressing it...

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Welcome to the Diet Forum, Andre If anyone doesn't feel inspired after looking at his transformation, there's not much help for you. We all do our best to answer as many questions as we can around here, you'll fit in great

Eating_Machine is offline New Member
    Andre, thats awsome! Thnaks for your replies to my questions.
    Last edited by Eating_Machine; 11-20-2003 at 08:38 PM.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Guys, I can honestly attest that Andre knows his stuff. I have been following his cutting diet and it definitely works. Dont know how much lean mass it cuts off you but it will cut the fat off.

I figure any lean mass I lose I'll regain with a nice clean bulk in the spring courtesy of Andre....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You'd be wise to make for damn sure you are not losing lean mass while dieting bro. Hell, it certainly does not have to happen like that, I speak from experience.

~SC~

BDTR is offline Retired
    Amen to that... fuck catabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You'd be wise to make for damn sure you are not losing lean mass while dieting bro. Hell, it certainly does not have to happen like that, I speak from experience.

~SC~

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

~SC~
    Damn straight!!! It used to be the norm to lose wanted muscle while dieting, but from good bro's such as Swole here and a few others I've learned things from it no longer has to be that way.

I agree that loosing lean mass is not what we want... it's for this reason that I suggest that people get an accurate body comp test done before, during and after thier cutting phase. I worked with a Dr. here in Montreal that was concerned that he was loosing LBM so he went to get a BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) test done... this test will indicate wether you are in a positive or negative nitrogen balance... thus indicating wether you are in a catabolic state or not... he was not in a catabolic state...

I have a couple other examples if anyone is interested...

All one must do is patternize his/her cardio/nutrition/weight training/rest to encourage lean mass preservation and acquisition, while also enforcing fat burning and lipolysis.
    One can easily dip in and out of a positive nitrogen balance, so even though one may "test" fine today, tomorrow can be a completely different story.

~SC~

All one must do is patternize his/her cardio/nutrition/weight training/rest to encourage lean mass preservation and acquisition, while also enforcing fat burning and lipolysis.
    One can easily dip in and out of a positive nitrogen balance, so even though one may "test" fine today, tomorrow can be a completely different story.

~SC~
    Agreed... that is why I suggest monitoring ones progress before, during and after they diet...

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Damn straight!!! It used to be the norm to lose wanted muscle while dieting, but from good bro's such as Swole here and a few others I've learned things from it no longer has to be that way.
    Yeah Big T, I'm running Swole's diet right now and the fat is just melting off. Well not that fast but I'm slowly dropping my bodyfat while my strength and energy has steadily increased. My weight hasn't dropped much but screw the scale...I'm looking and feeling a hellva lot leaner. Swole has been a tremendous help.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    ~US~ Yup.... I'm planning on using his services starting about 4 months out from my show.

And Andre glad to see you posting in the diet section. You have lots to bring to the table here

One question though bro...Wouldn't whey protein be better then egg whites (Cassein) in your pwo meal as whey is a faster acting protein and the idea is to get the nutrients to the muscles as fast as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    ~US~ Yup.... I'm planning on using his services starting about 4 months out from my show.
    You won't be dissappointed

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    And Andre glad to see you posting in the diet section. You have lots to bring to the table here

One question though bro...Wouldn't whey protein be better then egg whites (Cassein) in your pwo meal as whey is a faster acting protein and the idea is to get the nutrients to the muscles as fast as possible?
    I know that many people might not agreee with me on this one... but after reading the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 http://www.health.gov/dietsupp/toc.htm
    I prefer to get my protein from real food sources instead of supplements... I have also trained with and without whey protein and I feel I get better results with my protein coming from real food... The protein in egg whites is Albumen... and is generally considered to be the 'gold standard' of all proteins...

Casein is commonly referred to as the "other" milk protein, casein actually comprises over 80% of the total protein in milk. Casein is digested more slowly than whey, egg or soy to provide a constant stream of amino acids... this is why I eat cottage cheese before bed

This is just my humble opinion... it's what has worked for me!

Plus one of the guys I am training supplies me with a gallon of egg whites a week!

Thats a good point Andre. Since the supplement industry is not regulated their standard of quality is questionable. My only concern now is affordablability and convenience. I think another dime spent on more groceries will break my bank. But I like the reasoning bro...something to realy consider.

Z32
    Z32 is offline New Member
    To all the haters out there, Andre is the real deal. I was searching the web for a good diet to follow and came across one of Andres post. I then emailed him for help and almost fell off my chair when I found out he was from the same city as me (Montreal). I had the chance to meet him today and this guy is 100% real. No photoshop or steroids were used. He showed me pictures of his progress and all the other people he helped. The biggest change is his wife. She has lost 120lbs!!! I sat down with him for about three hours and his biggest concern was getting me to know the facts about the human body, diet and training. I couldn't believe what I learned from him in just three hours. I have spent so much money on supplements in the past and was just shocked to hear the truth behind the sport supplements industry. I will be starting his diet in a few days and will post my results in three months.

PS: Andre is a super nice guy, he knows how it feels to be fat and doesn't pass judgement on your looks. Transforming yourself from a fat guy to a super fit 200lbs is not an easy task especially since he did all this in 11 months. You guys have to give props to Andre for such an amazing transformation. Stop hating and try to listen to what he has to say. If you don't think the pictures are real, check out his site and go under parties. http://solo2.abac.com/avigdor/main%20html/ This guy is the real deal and I'm very happy he is helping me achieve my goals by summer. Thanks Andre! I won't dissapoint you.
    Last edited by Z32; 11-26-2003 at 02:23 AM.

Oh Lord, not again.........This diet forum is not the location to "stick up" for your buddy. No one here in this forum, nor in this thread, is attacking Andre, that was done in the members pic section because of the extreme repetitiveness of posts w/pics over and over and over and over, like a re-run on Saturday morning.

Continually bringing up that "he is real" or having these "testimonials" to constantly defend him only serve to stir crap up YET AGAIN!!!!! Just let it rest. The thread was locked in the members pic area, **** has died down, just forget about it and move on. We're here to talk dietary guidance and counseling brothers!

As well, he posted like twice here and that's it. Let's keep this forum diet related, not drama inundated.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 11-26-2003 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z32
    To all the haters out there, Andre is the real deal. I was searching the web for a good diet to follow and came across one of Andres post. I then emailed him for help and almost fell off my chair when I found out he was from the same city as me (Montreal). I had the chance to meet him today and this guy is 100% real. No photoshop or steroids were used. He showed me pictures of his progress and all the other people he helped. The biggest change is his wife. She has lost 120lbs!!! I sat down with him for about three hours and his biggest concern was getting me to know the facts about the human body, diet and training. I couldn't believe what I learned from him in just three hours. I have spent so much money on supplements in the past and was just shocked to hear the truth behind the sport supplements industry. I will be starting his diet in a few days and will post my results in three months.

PS: Andre is a super nice guy, he knows how it feels to be fat and doesn't pass judgement on your looks. Transforming yourself from a fat guy to a super fit 200lbs is not an easy task especially since he did all this in 11 months. You guys have to give props to Andre for such an amazing transformation. Stop hating and try to listen to what he has to say. If you don't think the pictures are real, check out his site and go under parties. http://solo2.abac.com/avigdor/main%20html/ This guy is the real deal and I'm very happy he is helping me achieve my goals by summer. Thanks Andre! I won't dissapoint you.

Thanks buddy!

Oh Lord, not again.........This diet forum is not the location to "stick up" for your buddy. No one here in this forum, nor in this thread, is attacking Andre, that was done in the members pic section because of the extreme repetitiveness of posts w/pics over and over and over and over, like a re-run on Saturday morning.

Continually bringing up that "he is real" or having these "testimonials" to constantly defend him only serve to stir crap up YET AGAIN!!!!! Just let it rest. The thread was locked in the members pic area, **** has died down, just forget about it and move on. We're here to talk dietary guidance and counseling brothers!

As well, he posted like twice here and that's it. Let's keep this forum diet related, not drama inundated.

~SC~
    If someone has something nice to say, I don't see any issues with it... just like if someone had a bad experience with me, they would have the right to say how they feel...

Please give it a rest, SwoleCat

Brotha, you are the LAST person that needs to be telling anyone else to give it a rest.

I've been on this board and diet forum long before anyone ever saw your face, so don't think you can come here giving orders, u must not know me all too well.

As well, I stated this was a diet forum and the thread was about DIETS and DIETING, not anyone attacking you as they were in the members pics area. I was emphasizing the need to NOT bring that up again, as it's a non-sequitor to the entire thread thus far, and threads seem to take a downward spiral after posts as such.

If anyone should give it a rest, it would be you. I never talked bad about you, nor had bad things to say about you, so I'd keep my name outta your mouth as well. Take your own advice homeboy, and steer clear of me as I really have nothing against you, but I don't take kindly to you "instructing" me as to what to do. You are very selective in the threads you decide to post/respond in.

Perhaps you should look into your own message board/forum location. Perhaps then you could have something tangible to offer instead of inundating every other message board w/your "stuff". I know it's helped me a great deal, and I've even received 2 magazine deals from doing such a thing and having been noticed. (T-Mag continual and MuscleMag column coming out again in 2 months or so) These are things that speak VOLUMES for you, so you don't have to say ****.

Again, I don't have issues w/you, so just keep my name outta your mouth, and concentrate on helping bros out here if that is what you truly like to do.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 11-26-2003 at 10:46 AM.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    both of you - keep it to dieting - I do not want to have to come back in here because someone tells me I need to

I agree, I was trying to keep what happened in the members pic area from NOT happening here, hence my post. It begins to take over the threads, then the forum, etc......like a plague. Him tellin' me to give it a rest however is backasswards and upside down. I have nothing against him nor what he does/tries to do (whatever that is), but when it begins to take center stage in an otherwise enjoyable medium (such as this forum), it quickly becomes very old very fast.

Good lookin' out Cyc.

~SC~

Thread Information