Matty is offline Junior Member

Nature Made Low Carb Bread

Here's the deal - looks pretty good to me, what are your thoughts?

1 slice of Nature Made Low Carb Bread:

Calories 60
    Calories from Fat 10
    Total Fat 1g
    Total Carb 7g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugars 0g
    Protien 6g

It's cheap too - about same price as regular loaf of bread.

Peace.Matty.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    If you can't live without bread than its good. I have eaten some of the low carb bagels and rolls and find them really tastee, but not as good as the real bread that has become a distant memory. Basically the numbers that you report translate to 5 g net carbs, so for me I wouldn't do more than one slice per day, and might eat it instead of something else with low carbs. The 6 g of protien is probably better than regular bread too.

If you are on a regular carb diet, I doubt it would make much difference, but if you are on a low carb diet its a way to bring bread back into it.

While on the subject of low carb goodies, I don't know if you have tried Atkins low carb banna walnut muffins - only 2g net carbs per muffin and they taste awesome. Aven better, try Ketogenics low carb chololate chip muffins, onlu 1 net carb per muffin. You can have 5 muffins and have the same carb impact as one slice of bread. Better yet they are sooooooo good. The muffins are a decent size too. I think I'll send them a letter to ask to be thier spokesman!
    Last edited by beenie; 11-25-2003 at 03:17 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    An even better find are the low-carb tortillas produced by latortilla factory. You can check them out on-line as well, they are great! Breakfast burritos are bomb w/these! (bacon/egg/cheese burritos with 3 grams of carbs each) Can't beat that w/a stick!

~SC~

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I have seen the low carb barrito thing too. When I first started the low carb thing there was so little out there. Usised to make a bread substitute with egg whites. Tasted sooo bad but, thats about all one could do. Now there is so much stuff out there and a lot of it is begging to come down in price. There is a website www.synergydiet.com that sells a lot of stuff. The sponsor of this board, has a limited amount of stuff too: http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/li...lue=LOW%20CARB

What's more a lot of places like GNC (yea I hate them too) has begun expanding thier low carb selection. Even Hershey foods has come out with thier new sugar free chocolate bars that are only 1g net carbs. Life wasn't as good 4 years ago.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, low-carb dieting is a lot easier as the months/years progress!

~SC~

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I tried the tortillas...they are great. The bread, just seemed to me as being a regualr slice, just "half-sized"..still it makes having a Natty PB sandwich much easier on the diet!

Thread Information