Thread: Boiling Eggs???

BrownBomber is offline Member

Boiling Eggs???

In previous posts that I have read it's recommended that the egg be eaten scrambled instead of fried or raw to increase their absorbtion and get all the possible protein, nutrients, etc. out of them. Is this whole fuss over the just the yoke being broken up or does this include the eggg white as well?

My real question is would eating the whites off a hard boiled egg be a bad way to consume the egg?

THANKS!!!!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i think that's how most do it. i go in cycles of eating boiled egg whitest til i get sick of them. then i'll buy the liquid Egg whites and scramble them with 1 whole egg. it all depends on how well you stomach them.

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    hell yeah

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber
    In previous posts that I have read it's recommended that the egg be eaten scrambled instead of fried or raw to increase their absorbtion and get all the possible protein, nutrients, etc. out of them. Is this whole fuss over the just the yoke being broken up or does this include the eggg white as well?

My real question is would eating the whites off a hard boiled egg be a bad way to consume the egg?

THANKS!!!!
    Brown eggs or white eggs? Organic or inorganinic eggs?

Seriously though, where did you hear that the egg preperation method affects thier absortion? That is a new one on me.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    This is a new one to me. There are a few docs that explain why cooking the yoke is bad. However, this one says that scrambling them sucks. Im just boiling them b*tches!!

http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/body_231dr.html

He has other topics as well on tuna and what not!
    Last edited by BrownBomber; 12-03-2003 at 11:01 AM.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    God two days and 20 egg whites and I'm so sick of it already. **** Humulin-R peaks at 2 hrs, so I've already put down nearly 100 grams of protein before I have to shovel down 10 egg whites with oatmeal.

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    God two days and 20 egg whites and I'm so sick of it already. **** Humulin-R peaks at 2 hrs, so I've already put down nearly 100 grams of protein before I have to shovel down 10 egg whites with oatmeal.
    Anyone ever hear of microwaving the egss?
    I didn't believe it at first either.
    I put 6 eggs(1 yolk) in a bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. After 1.5 minutes remove and mix up again. After 3 minutes remove and mix up with a spoon or fork again. Nice and quick with less cleanup.

-S

Sculpter is offline New Member
    Yah I used to nuke the eggs but then the smell got to me. Something about microwaving changes the smell and thus taste of the eggs and it wasn't for me. But then, not everything we eat is for the taste.

I boil a bunch of them all at once and have them over the course of 3 days or so. Quick easy and palatable any time of day.

S

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sculpter
    Yah I used to nuke the eggs but then the smell got to me. Something about microwaving changes the smell and thus taste of the eggs and it wasn't for me. But then, not everything we eat is for the taste.

I boil a bunch of them all at once and have them over the course of 3 days or so. Quick easy and palatable any time of day.

S
    I agree, they do taste better the traditional way.
    Do most of you guys eat them hard boiled or scrambled?
    Hard boiled is easier to make, but peeling the shell off is a pain in the azz.
    -S

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnst01
    Anyone ever hear of microwaving the egss?
    I didn't believe it at first either.
    I put 6 eggs(1 yolk) in a bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. After 1.5 minutes remove and mix up again. After 3 minutes remove and mix up with a spoon or fork again. Nice and quick with less cleanup.

-S
    There are a couple ways to nuke them. The first is as you say to scramble them. Alternatively if you have hot water you can drop them in the water then nuke em for a couple minutes. If done right, they come out poached.

lifesabitch is offline Associate Member
    I hardboil a carton of 18 at a time.

Thread Information