BrownBomber is offline Member

Am Cardio w/.....?

Who here takes in a protein shake (Just 30 grams of whey protein mixed w/ water) before their AM cardio?

Thanks
    BB

BDTR is offline Retired
    Not me.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i've done it before..i dont think the 100 calories will affect your fat burning and you get some energy from consuming something.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Totally counterproductive.

I sense you are doing this because you think it's miraculously going to make you "anti-catabolic". Not so.......the only way to assure yourself of that is to make sure you eat accurately at all other times of the day to support a positive nitrogen balance and anabolism.

Your body may very well wish to burn the protein you just drank as well instead of fat off of your body. Cardio on empty is the most efficient way to burn fat. It's very possible your body may already process that protein drink, but you can't assure yourself that it has, and why leave any room for error when it's not going to make you any more anti-catabolic?

~SC~

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Totally counterproductive.

I sense you are doing this because you think it's miraculously going to make you "anti-catabolic". Not so.......the only way to assure yourself of that is to make sure you eat accurately at all other times of the day to support a positive nitrogen balance and anabolism.

Your body may very well wish to burn the protein you just drank as well instead of fat off of your body. Cardio on empty is the most efficient way to burn fat. It's very possible your body may already process that protein drink, but you can't assure yourself that it has, and why leave any room for error when it's not going to make you any more anti-catabolic?

~SC~
    i stand corrected

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Cardio empty...w/out with a pre-w/out meal.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Not me either. It probably takes at least 20 mins into doing cardio before my body starts tapping into my fat cells for energy. Thats a good thing right?

Well, having a shake prior to a cardio session will only delay the whole fat burning process and by the time it takes to burn off the protein shake, I'll probably almost finished doing cardio. Not much science behind my theory but I know it works from experience. Hope this helps,

~US~

Thread Information